My original material, not 7-below

Started by mcgrupperton, April 01, 2009, 09:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgrupperton

Hey all, I got a page on reverbnation with 7 original songs on it, and a mikes and maze jam with 7-below. I would absolutely love to hear your thoughts/critics/suggestions on the original stuff. All the originals were recorded, mixed and mastered on a Tascam 8 track. Here's the link for ya.

(http://www.reverbnation.com/tommy20)

They are all instrumental except for "Trucks" and "Balloon World". Trucks is about me being annoyed at work. Balloon World I penned from an experience I had at Langerado 08' when I was drunk and it was the first (and only I hope!) time I did nitrous. "Ode to Megaman" is an attempt to re-create the old mega man music from the 80's, except for the weird ending. "Coastal" is supposed to create the feel of being at the beach throughout the course of a day and the solo is supposed to be the debauchery that happens at nighttime. "Project 61" started off as an acoustic jam with my buddy and I back in college, the name has no real meaning, it's the most phishy thing I've written I think. "Sexy Jazz Fusion" is I hope what the name implies. "Gnomes Marching Into Battle" is a cut from a musical saga (cough gamehenge wannabe cough) I penned in college and is supposed to sound like gnomes marching off to battle and the end of it sort of the culmination of that.

Anyway, I appreciate anything you guys/gals? have to say, negative or positive.

Rock on.