Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop Overdrive

Started by raisingfreen, April 29, 2012, 08:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raisingfreen

A local store had this on a shelf for awhile so I tried it out. To me it sounds somewhat like an extremely transparent, much cleaner TS9 silver with a SAG Control. That one feature is the coolest knob I have seen in while. Extremely useful. All the way up its tight and clean all the way back its loose and dirty. Perfect use of a control. Like a TS9 with an actual useful tone control. It's not a clone and has its own thing happening (however its really, really transparent and does not change tone at all from what I can tell). Highly recommend checking this out. I'm thinking of grabbing another vs using two TS9s. I really like this. I really wanted something different than the standard TS9 sound and this is perfect. Street price seems to be around $165-$175.

www.fairfieldcircuitry.com
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

the_great_lemon

Cool find! I've been wondering about that thing for a while, so its good to hear good things about it!
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

Happyorange27

Cool deal.  Sag is a cool thing.  You can mod any OD or fuzz pedal by adding a pot to the main voltage and mess with the sag.  Also the more sag, the lower the voltage and the longer your batteries will last...if you use a battery.  Not that I do by Whipple does on his fuzz pedal that I'm helping him with.  I digress.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Walker done done

Quote from: raisingfreen on April 29, 2012, 08:05:36 PM
A local store had this on a shelf for awhile so I tried it out. To me it sounds somewhat like an extremely transparent, much cleaner TS9 silver with a SAG Control. That one feature is the coolest knob I have seen in while. Extremely useful. All the way up its tight and clean all the way back its loose and dirty. Perfect use of a control. Like a TS9 with an actual useful tone control. It's not a clone and has its own thing happening (however its really, really transparent and does not change tone at all from what I can tell). Highly recommend checking this out. I'm thinking of grabbing another vs using two TS9s. I really like this. I really wanted something different than the standard TS9 sound and this is perfect. Street price seems to be around $165-$175.

www.fairfieldcircuitry.com

Very interesting...can't wait to hear it!  Which locale did you buy it from?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

raisingfreen

Very interesting...can't wait to hear it!  Which locale did you buy it from?[/quote]

Bucks.
Our options in Portland seem to be slimming for on demand purchases. I like to give local business... business, when possible. Plus I just like a few of the guys that work there. The older guys not so much.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux