We phinally did it

Started by Walker done done, August 24, 2009, 10:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c5a71553d7c854b095af63b7d44918aad51887f3a69345b6

Introducing: Tagliaboo Radley

So here's the story: every year I throw a party in my in-laws field (they have over 200 acres of old farmland); an extravaganza know as "Libbypalooza" (this was the 4th annual).  2 days, 9 bands, camping, fire pit, debauchery, games, etc. etc. etc.  It's a great time, like our own little festival up here in Maine.  Last year a good friend, who is an extraordinary keyboardist, got shut out of playing the closing set because the fuzz came and shut us down for noise complaints.  We decided he could have any spot he wanted this year to ensure he got to play.  Long story short, his drummer couldn't make it, so it looked like once again he was going to not get to play, and that's when another good friend had the wonderful idea to get myself, my friend Justin on keys, and the bass player in his band (known as Rusty The Scoob on this site) to form a quartet you are all quite familiar with.

The link above is our set from Libbypalooza IV. I hope you guys enjoy it, and we'd love to hear some feedback if you'd be so kind.  We had only 2 practices before the gig because of schedules, but I think it came out pretty well all in all.  There are a few hiccups here and there (i.e. I missed a few notes on the palindrome part of Divided Sky, etc.) which I'm sure all of you will pick up like a fine-toothed comb, but for only 8 hours together up to this point, I think we pulled off the set quite admirably.  It was the first time any of us played a Phish set out live in front of anyone and because we had such a good time doing it, I think we're going to try to do it again, this time in a public setting.  I'll keep you guys posted on the whens & wheres.

Enjoy, and thanks for indulging us.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

picture_of_nectar

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Rusty the Scoob

It was more fun than words can describe!  I'm honored to have been included.  Sorry I didn't really get a chance to learn Mango properly... I only had enough time for a "don't embarrass yourself trying to play the right bass line while singing" take on it.   A few other things that I had down didn't quite make it from the brain to the fingers either, but overall it was really awesome!

It was also nice of Trey to come sit in for Divided Sky.   I never noticed him arriving or leaving but listening to the recording it sure sounds like he was there!

Edit:  I think this setlist is accurate:

Intro (Welcome Back)
Tube
Ocelot
The Curtain (without)
The Divided Sky
Moma Dance
Halley's Comet>
Makisupa Policeman>
NICU
Lawn Boy>
The Lizards
Mango Song
Julius
Slave to the Traffic Light>
haf-YEM>
Golgi Apparatus>
Slave

Encore:
Chalkdust Torture
Phishhead playing Phil

www.fennario.us

raisingfreen

Props to Walker and friends for pulling that off. I almost believed the Steely Dan set rumors! That was quite a good time. All of a sudden people came out of the woodwork to dance and the place was packed. Must have woke some folks up from their tents. Helluva good time and looking forward to next year. Also props to Heavy Dime and Fennario for great sets.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Walker done done

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.