Heavy Dime - Portland, ME

Started by Walker done done, July 19, 2007, 11:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Just a cover project I'm currently in.  Not taking it too seriously at this point because of my schedule right now.  A few shows here and there, but we get together once a week for jamming and it's a blast.  Been playing off & on w/ these guys for 10 years (5 or so on guitar).

www.myspace.com/heavydime

Our recent setlists are located under our \"Blog\".  Just added Neil Young's \"Down By The River\" to the repetoir.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

ColForbin

I play in a band called Stride in Prince Edward Island, Canada.  We do our own stuff with a few Phish covers here and there.

http://www.myspace.com/strideband
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

gratephulphish123

I'm in a band called space turkey, we're trying to start getting regular gigs, and yes it does sound like space antelope, i only realized that after we all decided we liked the name  :?

Poster

well dude,
 of the two other bands on here you guys sound the best IMO. iam not big on covers but they are a necessity i suppose in some situations. that bass envelope filter sounded a bit corny. check out the meatball for that full on funky sound that mike gordon uses.

Walker done done

Quote from: \"posternutbag\"well dude,
 of the two other bands on here you guys sound the best IMO. iam not big on covers but they are a necessity i suppose in some situations. that bass envelope filter sounded a bit corny. check out the meatball for that full on funky sound that mike gordon uses.

Who are you speaking of here?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

i was refering to heavy dime. bass tone-> :(

Walker done done

Yeah, he's using a Bass Balls pedal, I sort of agree on the tone.  Thanks for the heads up & thanks for checking us out & for the input.

PS - are you speaking of the Lovetone Meatball?

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Poster

that iam. the lovetone meatball is the best envelope filter you can get these days for bass. my best friend went to berkley and victor wooten has one and so my friend had to get one. as a bass instructor wooten helped my bro get all his toys dialed in just right ;) now his ken smith bass sounds so fucking balls out awesome on his eden 4x12 cab / eden head unit. cost him 8 grand though :) not cheap to do all the cool stuff

Stiles12

The Meatball is amazing, but you will spend an arm and a leg, also my buddy spent about six hundred for one and it was soo beat up that it sounded like shit (from ebay) so buy one with care, they are the best though. He moved to the double 0 funk (00 funk) its sounds really good, he uses a dave Funk, Thunderfunk head with a SWR 4/12 goliath and another small 1/16" for those thick bass notes. Shit is incredible. the Thunderfunk is the best bass head I have ever heard, your bass player should check it out, tons of power and the tone is amazing. it is a studio head you can trun on and off the fan in the back for super quiet operation and its a rack mount that is less than 20 pounds, takes him like 6 seconds to set his gear up. its really amazing.
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer