Main Menu

Marshall class 5

Started by deadbearbobby, December 30, 2010, 01:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadbearbobby

So i played this little beauty at my local guitar shop... I had seen some ofthe videos on youtube where the demoer said to keep the bass down due to a rattleing sound... anyway i tried and fell in love with it. I have never been a big marshall guy, but this amp sounds lke a lower watt bandmaster from the 60's... even though its 5 watts it is loud!!! Im thinking of pulling a steve kimock and goin stereo with my rig... ala clean amp (fender) then a dirty amp (marshall). anyway, anyone have some experience with this amp? like giging? i loved it inthe store but im worried it may suck in live situations...
Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership

Poster

as with any newer marshall youll need to get it serviced by a pro tech, and have a couple mods done. like the rattling mod, which involves some aluminum bracing.

my buddy Luther from NMA allstars uses them when he goes on TV. They sound fucking awesome when you put decent speakers in there, tubes, and get it fixed up.

if you have a proper sennheiser or like guitar cab micing rig, i think youll be ok. if your not playing rooms that are big enough to mic the cab, i might opt for something that can

throw a little harder. Maybe at least 20 watts. Otherwise, go for it.

(and Yo Bobby what up man! Got your email back, cool, i can never remember with all this head band getting burned)

deadbearbobby

Right on man... Thanks, I figured it would need some love and a few mods... I think im going to avoid it for awhile... when i went back to the musici store to see if i liked it still, I noticed the ratteling problem and such... Its a good amp, but for now its on the back burner. I actuually just picked up a roland jazz chorus for $200... INSANE. I have this as my clean amp...(no surprise haha) and the vibrolux as my distorted amp... runing them in stereo with my hollowbody>wah>big muff>Dyna comp>stereo electric mistress. The electric mistress has been in my closet for about a year... I never really liked that much, but when its in stereo it is one of the best effects i own, i guess thats why its called the STEREO electric mistress haha.
And im doing pretty good poster! hope all is well with you man... how did the tour go?
Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership