Help with settings on my rig

Started by zlew3885, January 18, 2009, 01:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zlew3885

Need help getting a better tone out of my setup...after lots of tweaking im still somewhat lost. Im trying to play rock and funk, especially phish songs  I have

'87 MIJ Strat, Kahler Trem, Fender lace sensor pups (gold-neck, blue-mid, red-bridge)
Dunlop CGB-95 wah
Ibanez TS-7
Behring VAMP2
Marshall MG15CDR

Any advice on how to chain this all up? Im guessing i shouldnt use the VAMP2 for amp modeling, considering my amp is so small.  Also advice on where to set the tone knobs on the strat and EQ on the marshall.

Thanks for any help!!!

Stiles12

Harsh Poster,
Even you and keeb has had some gear that you had to make work.  ;)

No, but honestly i dont know if anyone on here is going to be able to help you very much, every setting on every pedal and amp is going to change from person to person and from guitar to guitar...

If I were you and I wanted to use this set up i would set it up like this. Strat> GCB> TS> Amp> and use the loop on the marshal for the vamp if you want to end up using it. Set you amp Volume then mess with the bass response and the treble to get your desired amp output. then set the TS so when you kick it on it dosnt give you too much of a volume kick but enough to get the amount of crunch that you need.

Thats about it... your set up shouldnt be hard to mess around with and find a "usable" sound. before you start buying anymore pedals or anything save and get a tube amp. I am pretty sure that everyone on here has used a fender amp at one point or another, so ask around about when the time comes about what you should get.
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer