Cleaning up my tone

Started by YouEnjoyMyReba, November 04, 2009, 06:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

google search badger effects and get a line driver fet buffer for the boomerang noise problem

Walker done done

Agreed w/ most everything said on here.  Get a wah by Gary @ Garmopat.  He true-bypasses them so you can have your wah where ever you like.  Great guy to deal w/ as well.  I also used to own the BiComp....waited a year and a half for the damn thing, then sent it back the first week I owned it = waaaay too noisy.  I instead now own a Keeley 4knob Comp + an Analogman Orange Squeeze.  Very happy w/ both. 
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

YouEnjoyMyReba

I searched badger effects but the website is under construction, so i searched line driver fet buffer but did not have good results
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

YouEnjoyMyReba

I also went to the garmopat mods website and emailed gary about the wah.  While i was there i looked at the Ts9 mods they do and they looked pretty interesting.  Anybody have any experience with the garmopat Ts9?
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

Poster

GARY can nail a the silver analogman mod if you ask him to, and it doesnt cost much, and the turn around is quick

YouEnjoyMyReba

ok cool. is that the only mod he does or can he do other things?

Poster

the silver mod is what trey uses, he does most mods though, your best bet is to try to describe what you want it to sound like and just let him work his magic. he can add so many toggles and options itll sound like 30 pedals in one, very cool for the studio when your trying to get different tones for different stuff. never had a dependability issue through many a gig in rough venues... go for it man!

YouEnjoyMyReba

Yea ive got 2 silver mod ts9s right now that ive been using for a couple of years but i wanted to try something new.  Been thinking about a clark gainster also