Main Menu

Trey's new rig

Started by ColForbin, May 31, 2011, 01:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian27

No problem. Im a huge Rig geek and so from time to time i research things like that.

picture_of_nectar

Whats the the new thing behind trey by his Leslie?
looks like maybe an 8" monitor on a pole....

can be seen here:
http://vimeo.com/24664301
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Brian27

My guess would be a leslie feed or a Bass feed from Mike since there isnt an Amp mic'd to the left cab. The Boogie is mic'd to the right cab.

raisingfreen

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on June 07, 2011, 08:47:46 PM

It's a Sony HD 3CCDs Video Camera. They are mounted on a pole. There was another one right next to the soundboard and maybe a few other places all mounted on poles. My guess is they are capturing some video for future use. I happened to be standing right next to one of them in Worcester in front of the board and got curious.

BTW...Anyone notice Trey's Deluxe has now been mounted in a Head Cab and is set off to the right of the Leslie? I saw this in Worcester as well. Looks like its sitting right on top of its road case. The sound behind the stage was really quite good so I figured I'd check things out. Sure enough the Deluxe Head on One side and what I think was the Boogie on the other side. Seems subtle changes being made all the time.

AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

fulltone1989

That makes sense now, as on FB phish posts some great shots of each show.

That's very interesting about the deluxe and the Mesa, did he switch at all? I didnt notice at night II
Quote from: raisingfreen on June 13, 2012, 11:16:04 PM

It's a Sony HD 3CCDs Video Camera. They are mounted on a pole. There was another one right next to the soundboard and maybe a few other places all mounted on poles. My guess is they are capturing some video for future use. I happened to be standing right next to one of them in Worcester in front of the board and got curious.

BTW...Anyone notice Trey's Deluxe has now been mounted in a Head Cab and is set off to the right of the Leslie? I saw this in Worcester as well. Looks like its sitting right on top of its road case. The sound behind the stage was really quite good so I figured I'd check things out. Sure enough the Deluxe Head on One side and what I think was the Boogie on the other side. Seems subtle changes being made all the time.

Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

sour d

Quote from: raisingfreen on June 13, 2012, 11:16:04 PM

I snapped a pic the first night of worcester. Not sure I see the deluxe as a head. Point it out. No matter what it sounded great.

Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

the_great_lemon

In that it looks like he is running just the Mk III on the side furthest from where the pic was taken.  Maybe that bass feed amp that is tilted back is blocking the deluxe?  ???
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

Brian27

It looks like the Deluxe might be right in front of the other cab facing the back. I cant really tell though.

raisingfreen

If going by the recent photo posted the Deluxe as a head unit is placed directly on the other side of the leslie. I was at this exact opposite angle when I saw it and zoomed in on my phone but did not take a pic. Its sitting on top of a case labeled "fender" or something close to that. In any case it does appear that the boogie or some head is clearly visible in this pic as well as the Sony Cam on a stand.

These guys have some serious money behind them apparently.

If someone has a really good camera with a zoom we could learn a bunch with behind the stage pics.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux