Main Menu

S

Started by Poster, November 20, 2007, 02:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

S
ff

Walker done done

That's awesome, good for you for taking it upon yourself to get to the bottom of it.  But it still leaves us hanging....

All we know right now is (sort of) all we already knew: he is using his wah, Whammy, and this \"custom audio  box\" nuilt by Brian Brown....well what the hell is it?  I am going to try to octave dropper on my whammy tonight at practice in combonation with my wah and TS's.  I noticed last night when fiddling with the garmopat wah and my TS's that I could get a similar sound, but not exact.  So maybe if I just engage the whammy that'll do the trick.  Let me know if you get anywhere else w/ this.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Stiles12

this is a standard feature on the whammy two,
you hold the select button on the octave setting you want lets say down one octave, it will flash, then you press the select button around till you get to your next desired option, lets say two octaves up, hold the select button on the second option untill it flashes, then next time you hit the selct it will jump back and forth between the two, in our case down an octave and two octaves up.
This is beneficial becuase if you are only going to use two selected presets, you don't have to go around the horn to get to an option that is above what you are playing in now, also you can switch back and forth quickly. If anyone wants my whammy II let me know,
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer