Main Menu

T

Started by Poster, August 09, 2008, 01:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

T
S

glide7575

Hehe, looks like he went to turn on the 2000 before the loop was on then hits the whammy realizes it goes back to turn it on, still doesn't work so takes a peek at the 2000 or something in his rack. Odd though that he hits the digi button twice, essentially putting it in it's original state, before the loop kicks in with the whammy, but still no delay. Wonder if the Bradshaw system was malfunctioning?

Also, Poster what's the deal with the compressor? The consensus seems to be that he stopped using it a long time ago, but I've also heard people say he hides one in his rack somewhere. Seems unlikely for a guy that puts a list of all his equipment on his website. Are there rumors people have seen him using one again?

Poster

well put it this way, trey put that diagram of his rig on his website to kinda mess with people. its inaccurate in many ways. The way I can tell hes not using his compressor anymore is simple. I have all the exact same equipment! And well its pretty obvious when hes soo fucking loud. See the ross compressor used to act like a volume control so when he turned on his screamer (thats volume is set to 10) it didnt deafen people through the PA. Obviously to have 2 of them on at once both set to 10 it would be unbearable  so you can tell hear that hes not using one at all. There is no squishy sound when he plucks a note. Ive play a ts9>clark gainster>ross compressor clone and its a very distinct sound even with the sustain all the way down. I believe he said he took it out of his rig as it was a crutch. Now with that in mind if you listen to the last trey tour when he was all fucked up and sloppy he used a compressor at about every show...

GDCSH-1

In an interview with paul languedoc about treys guitar, paul mentions that trey hasn't used a comp. in a few years, its the question, "DG: Wouldn't an element of the sustain and feedback that Trey has evoked through the years come from the pedals like the compression or the tube screamers?" paul answers "PL: Well, he hasn't used a compression pedal in a few years, and he's using less and less of the tube screamers. I think a very large percentage of it is the guitar, depending on where you stand in relation to the amp. You'll see him turn his body, or do certain things with his hand to get the sound he wants."  check it out if u havn't, real cool article,    http://www.jambands.com/Features/content_2006_08_18.07.phtml         
this article is from 2006, i jst disagree about trey using his screamers less and less though, those screamers are the main product of his lead tone.
"Make Your Move To Improve Your Groove" -Magic Hat cap

Poster

i have a custom guitar much like treys languedoc and that small hollowbody + tubescreamer = trey tone