Main Menu

whammy II tuning

Started by YouEnjoyMyReba, June 13, 2010, 12:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouEnjoyMyReba

Is it possible for the whammy II to go out of tune? 

I was playing a show last night and I couldnt get my whammy to the right pitch no matter what setting it was on.  When i play at home, however, at a much lower volume, it seems to do just fine.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

sour d

Go ahead and calibrate it.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

YouEnjoyMyReba

how do i calibrate it?

I dont have a manual
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

sour d

I think you unplug the power supply, hold down the bypass switch, and plug in the power supply while still holding down on the bypass switch. Lights should flash, then you release the bypass switch, go toe forward, toe back with the treadle a couple times and hit the bypass switch again. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I had to do it. Digitech offers there manuals online I believe. If that doesn't work, I probably have a manual at home I can check in the morning.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

YouEnjoyMyReba

cactuskeeb

Quote from: posternutbag on June 13, 2010, 01:17:33 PM
you might have liquid damage on the board. try sitting it in a bag of rice for a day or so. just dont use the instant kind.

rep'd for sheer hilarity.

sour d

Don't worry about holding down the bypass, that's what you do with the wh1 or wh4. Here's a link
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1157396

YouEnjoyMyReba

Quote from: posternutbag on June 14, 2010, 07:56:33 PM
yeah that doesnt work on a wh2.

thats why i said liquid damage, the digitech repair center could replace the board, but itll be something like 500 bucks

Holy shit thats more than the pedal itself costs.

It seems to work fine when my amp is at a low volume but when its up to levels i play it at shows its off pitch