Main Menu

DM 2000

Started by Stiles12, July 05, 2007, 12:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiles12

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone out their has a DM 2000 and could help me with mine. any help is big help right at the moment
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Walker done done

Scott's got one, but maybe he's away on work since he hasn't responded yet.

Check out his rig here:

http://forums.strangedesign.org/viewtopic.php?t=99
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

strangedesign

Yep, I have one. Whatcha  need help with?
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Stiles12

nice rig by the way man, but whats going on is it will work but if I put any of the bypass mod or hold switches into my ground control unit it seems to bug out the power will stay on but the sound out of the wetmix is so low its like playing through something that is just killing my tone. So i decided that i will just have to go the half ass way and turn around or mute through my tuner loop to bypass the DM, when I did this it worked then shut off and now it wont come back on. I guess my question is have you ever had any issues with anything like this perhaps a fuse issue. or am i just that unlucky that every piece of equipment i get shits the bed. i did notice on your rig that you have a rack space under your DM which mine does not mine is set like treys third rack space followed by a cat and a CAE  Super. maybe becuase it is enclosed it burnt itself out, but i just see that happening.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Stiles12\"nice rig by the way man, but whats going on is it will work but if I put any of the bypass mod or hold switches into my ground control unit it seems to bug out the power will stay on but the sound out of the wetmix is so low its like playing through something that is just killing my tone. So i decided that i will just have to go the half ass way and turn around or mute through my tuner loop to bypass the DM, when I did this it worked then shut off and now it wont come back on. I guess my question is have you ever had any issues with anything like this perhaps a fuse issue. or am i just that unlucky that every piece of equipment i get shits the bed. i did notice on your rig that you have a rack space under your DM which mine does not mine is set like treys third rack space followed by a cat and a CAE  Super. maybe becuase it is enclosed it burnt itself out, but i just see that happening.
Sorry to hear that. I have never had any issues with mine. The only issue I have with mine is that it is kind of noisey. I have to turn the input, dry and wet signals up almost to 10 just to keep the same volume when I turn on the loop that it is in. I don't use the bypass at all. I have tested the bypass and mine worked like a charm. These things are pretty old. It might just need some work. Might be cheaper to just by another off ebay. I paid $100 for mine. Glenn over at Hard Truckers said he has gone through 3 of them.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Stiles12

yeah, I have been talking to mike and robert keeley and both of them wont take a look at it but he gave me a contact in texas from the guy who worked on the orginal 16 second delay, hopefully i can get in touch with him and have him loom at it for a while. other than that i guess i will have to go out and spend money maybe pick up a d-two from tc electronics it seems like the same product but with the capability to go analog as well as digital.
any one know anything about any other delay units that might be able to help me out.
SPL Transducer

raisingfreen

Excerpt taken from phisharchive.com
Trey Anastasio's Phish tales
September 1, 1994 - Guitar Player Magazine
by Chris Gill
-------------------
"Have you made additions to your live setup?
I got this Bradshaw system that is just amazing. My signal goes straight to my amp 80 percent of the night. It's hardwired through. For years all I used was two Tube Screamers. I didn't use any effects because I didn't want my signal going through my effects all night. I had all these effects lying around from when I first started playing guitar - an Electro-Harmonix Micro Synth, some really crappy effects. Now that I have this switching system I can take them all on the road. I also have an Ibanez DM-2000, one of the first digital delays they ever made. It's got this bug in it. If you have the flange going and you hit the infinite hold button, it totally freaks out. It makes all these awful sounds. That's all I use it for.

Other than that, I've got Boogie amps and my Paul Languedoc guitars. I've got two, but one of them is just sitting there. I always use the same guitar. I haven't broken a string in five years. Paul also built me an acoustic that I use live"
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Walker done done

I'm gonna have to try a Deeelay eventually, but until I do, I'd certainly endorse my TC Nova Delay.  A very versataile pedal, for sure, and easy to use.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.