Thinking of trading my Mesa Nomad for a DRRI or a Princeton

Started by fulltone1989, January 15, 2011, 08:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

Hey Strangedesign folks!

I like my Mesa Nomad, but my last few gigs have been small combo jazz and backing up a singer/songwriter, not the correct environment for a gain monster such as the Mesa. I'm a music major at Keene in NH and I think it'd be better if I dropped all of that gain before I became to dependent on it. Do you DRRI owners like your amp? I've heard incredible things about it. Also, $625 bucks gets you this shiny nice Mesa Boogie Amplifier. Help a student out!

Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

fulltone1989

Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Poster

Clean up your Mesa and bring it to guitar center, you can use the trade in credit to buy ANY USED GUITAR CENTER DRRI via their online search engine. Just pay the shipping. Thats your best bet. However, Id argue youd get more for your money with a ceriatone dumble clone combo.