Why my amp doesn't like some OD pedals...?

Started by Happyorange27, January 31, 2011, 11:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactuskeeb

Nice.  I checked out your youtube video (Under the Bridge jam).  Are you using graphite picks?

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Happyorange27

As I mentioned, the harshness is reduced but still exists when I run the heavy OD Duncan pedal directly to my Blues Jr.  Now when I place my Digitech effects board in between these 2 components, the harshness is basically gone and I can crank the OD to full gain.  I'm assuming that the Digitech unit is doing some buffering and/or converting (analog-digital) and God know what other processing to the signal.  So for now I either keep the Digitech in that spot or I swap out the 12AY7 with even a lower gain tube (which some folks have done successfully).  I almost wish my Blues Jr had an effects loop so i could just run everything into that and skip all the distortion.  Would I be sacrificing dynamics that way?? Hmm.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex