NAD! Fender Supersonic 22

Started by fulltone1989, July 30, 2011, 11:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

I got this bad larry yesterday, and after riffing on it for hours I really like both channels. My pedal OD works with the amp perfectly, and the effects loop keeps the noise from my Boomerang down quite well, and the fat option is the perfect amount of mids for me on the clean channel. I may end up swapping out the speaker for a Cannabis Rex but who knows.

And Here's the latest incarnation of my pedal setup, still need to build a board to house everything.

I'll record some sloppy drunken playing of me later. Wooh Saturday!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

ColForbin

This is insane!!!  I have one of these on order from our local music store to try.  So it's good to get a review from somebody on here saying that they like it.  I love the blonde/oxblood configuration to, I just got even more excited for the amp to arrive.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

fulltone1989

Quote from: ColForbin on August 01, 2011, 07:12:01 AM
This is insane!!!  I have one of these on order from our local music store to try.  So it's good to get a review from somebody on here saying that they like it.  I love the blonde/oxblood configuration to, I just got even more excited for the amp to arrive.

The clean channel is pristine, however I found the OD side to be an improvement over the 60w version, too. I have Gain 2 around 3 to dimed and Gain 1 is around 3 or so. I use pedals to add grit to my clean for chords or a low gain lead. I did get an offer for a '63 Vibrolux conversion to vibroverb w/ moyer mods for the 22w. I'll have to think long and hard about it. Damn!  :-\
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.