Lexicon Jamman Rack Unit vs Boomerang

Started by raisingfreen, October 07, 2009, 06:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raisingfreen

Just wondering if anyone has used the somewhat older Lexicon Jamman Rack Unit and how it compares to something like a Boomerang. I have seen a lot of these lately for around $200-$250. I am building up a rack setup anyway and since I would bypass the entire rack for basic stuff anyway it just seemed to make sense to just get a rack version of this type of equipment. I found one with the foot-switches and all and it seems like this unit can do everything the Boomerang can do and more at a better price used. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

My rack so far has the following: Furman PL-8, Ibanez DM-2000, Alesis Microverb x2, Digitech RPM1 Leslie Sim, and possibly the Lexicon Jamman. I have found all this stuff pretty cheap over the past year or so and am just getting a feel for it, playing around etc... It will all go up for sale eventually as, at the end of the day my favorite sound is nothing more than my just my Guitar>RV-3>57 Deluxe.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

sour d

I would get a digitech jam man. If you want it in your rack you could buy the footswitch. The old lexicons are somewhat limited. The digitech can give you 99 different loops and 6.5 hours of recording time. You can run a guitar and a mic into it at the same time if you want to loop vocals on top of your playing or whatever. You can also usb out to your computer and drag and drop files. Burn your loops to cd's. They are my favorite looper. I also use a boomerang but mostly for shorter things or to play backwards lines (that is something the digitech doesn't do). I buy and sell a lot of pedals on ebay and I've scored 4 of these digitech jam mans for under $200. Usually around $160-180.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Dondante

I'm looking for same effect. Any other effect unit do the backwards thing?

Poster

a bunch of cheap delay pedals do reverse delay.

using all that rack stuff is going to ruin your guitar tone unless you get a very expensive controller