Main Menu

HELP!

Started by YouEnjoyMyReba, October 22, 2009, 05:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouEnjoyMyReba

Hello all i need some help with my rig and id appreciate any feedback from anyone.  Ive been using a Fender Deluxe Reverb> Boomerang +> Ts9 (silver)x2> Analog man BiComp> Whammy II> Gibson Studio for a couple years now and have been pleased with the sound but as of about 2 days ago i started getting a sort of flat tone with a slight buzz sound but only when my Ts9s are one.  It comes when both are on or when just one or the other is on but not when im playing clean. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

strangedesign

Are the ts9's running on batteries or ac? Mine get crappy when the batteries start going out.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

YouEnjoyMyReba

i tried changing the batteries and nothing happened. i dont know much about the schematics but i opened them up and the circuit boards are different. On one theres a small purple cylinder shaped thing in the front and a bigger one in the back and on the other, the small one is in the back and the large one in the front but I dont know if this would cause the problem im having.  Could old tubes have something to do with it?
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

picture_of_nectar

do you have clean power? I use a Voodoo Labs Pedal power conditioner.

My Analogman Bi-Comp was pretty noisy. could be that.

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

YouEnjoyMyReba

what exactly does a power conditioner do. please excuse my ignorance hah

picture_of_nectar

from what I understand they protect your gear from power surges, and filter out 'noise' that can be caused from appliances in your house. how exactly they work I couldn't say...but someone here likely can explain.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

YouEnjoyMyReba

ok that sounds like something i should definetly look into. thank u

sour d

Try swaping guitars and cables. The tubescreamers could be amplifying noise coming from one of those things. If you have a spare cable or a backup guitar you can try those.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Wolfe

Set your gearshift to the high gear of your soul!