Main Menu

my boss me-70

Started by bergs, August 01, 2010, 02:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bergs

hey new to this forum but am excited to start posting...

i have a boss me-70 pedal and am just playing around and trying to understand what i can do with it
if anyone has any expierince on tones they have created with this machine or pedals similar to what i have available on the me-70
please let me know.

all comments welcome

Poster

that thing is fun to learn about effects with. its definitely a beginners toy, but you can get some usable tones with it.

seek out a "feeback bleeding effects looper" on ebay. Simply run your boss unit in a loop, and bleed in plenty of dry signal.

never trust a line level / wet / dry control on a digital effects processor. but by using a bleeding looper you can maintain some semblance of your instruments tone

ColForbin

I meant to reply to this thread a while ago, but keep forgetting.  I picked up one of these a couple months ago and feel I have it dialed in pretty good now.  It essentially has everything that my normal board does, effects wise, although everything sounds better on my regular board, lol.  The reason I picked it up was to have an "easy" practice rig.  Something light and compact to bring to practices so I'm not lugging my pedaltrain pro around to every practice spot.

I'll post a pic tonight when I get home about what I have it set at, but I mostly use the clean preamp section, with the gain at about 2 o'clock, and then the blues distortion mode for extra grit.  I find the delays very usable, as I do the delays, phrase sampler and whammy settings.  IMO, nothing is going to trump a well put together board with the analog pedals you desire, but when I have practices for a certain show, I just bring this along, it's sweet for what it is.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb