questions about some pedals

Started by 46 YEM's, March 06, 2008, 06:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

46 YEM's

the analogman bi compressor, their is a smaller one and a bigger one. their is obviously a really long waiting list for the larger one. but is their a difference in the two tone wise? I really would like to have a bi compressor, it doesnt matter what size it is, unless their is a difference in the tones of each. I am also thinking i might just get the regular analogman compressor i believe its the grey box? but i feel like i may be able to have more diverse tones out of the bi compressor because it includes the juicer, if you know anything about that stuff id greatly appreciate your advice.

46 YEM's

Quote from: \"posternutbag\"Iam gonna go on a limb, but I just got rid of my boutique compressor and my rig sounds better than ever. Save up for a nicer amp or guitar or something like. If you go the pedal route youll discover that the majority of your sound is guitar+amp. everything else is just window dressing. Ive spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on gear, so take it from me, depending on what your doing, that compressor will not solve your problems. At the least send off your stock TS9 first so garmopat can mod it into something great instead of crap. :)

well ive got a deluxe reverb and it sounds pretty good, but i would like to put some modifications in it to give me a nicer tone. what would you suggest i should consider doing?

Walker done done

I would advise against the BiComp from A-man.  I ordered one (after being on the list for 15 months) and sent it back after a month.  Didn't like the sound, and the Ross side *popped* every time I turned it on.

So what did I do?  I got the best of both worlds: I had him send me the Juicer, and went out and got a Keeley 4-knob comp, a far better comp, IMO.

However....

I would agree with Poster 100% - save your money and get a nice guitar, since you already have a nice amp (reco: //www.aoguitars.com - have him build you a 'Doc replica!).  Now, I love my A-man silver modded TS's (9 & 808), but haven't tried Gary's modded TS yet, though if Rob says its good, chances are it's nasty.  So I guess either way you go you're fine there.

As for having a comp in your chain....ehh...I'm not all that sold on them the more & more I use them.  I guess I'd like having one or the other but if I had to do it again I'd probably just get one or the other, probably the Keeley if I had to choose today, more for its versatility I guess, though I do like the Juicer too.  I'll be honest though, I don't find myself using them as much as I used to or as much as I thought I would.

Good luck, welcome to the forum, and keep the questions coming!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

46 YEM's

Quote from: \"posternutbag\"i would look up \"torres amp mods\" and order yourself a mod kit. then id take it out to a tech and have them follow the provided instructions ;) OR you could do nothing and come out and see one of my upcoming shows. then you could check out my setup and pick and choose what you like about it? prolly save you some time an money  8)

yeah im gunna have to do that just let me know when and where, and are you playing doc replica? cause if so that is awesome. but im about to head down to see new monsoon so just hit me up about one of your gigs.

and thank you walker for your advice and ill be sure to post about any questions.