Main Menu

Hola

Started by YouEnjoyMyReba, November 16, 2008, 09:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouEnjoyMyReba

Hello! Ive been reading through these forums and am completely blown away by how much you guys know about trey's rig (and rigs in general).  I finally saw the light a couple of years ago when i heard my first YEM from new years eve '95.  I started my pursuit for the tone at that moment and am currently playing through a Gibson studio> boomerang +> 2 ts9 silver> Analogman Bi-comprossor> whammy 2> Dunlop 535Q wah.  Any ideas of where i should go from here? Only real complaint is the noise i get, especially from the whammy.
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

Walker done done

I hear ya on the Whammy, but that's one of the caveats of owning one.  You could always put it in a loop, at least that way it's only being used when engaged.  Personally, I would junk that Bi-compROSSer....sell it back to Mike (he'll take it back - he did mine anyways) and look for somethign else.  I found it to be loud as shit & quite annoying.  And as for that wah, do a good deed and give it to a homeless person so they can use it to store their butts in or something.  Then get your ass over to Gary @ Garmopat and get a Vox 847 with the grand poopah in it.  Do it.  Now.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

YouEnjoyMyReba

The 535Q does suck major balls but i hear good things about Vox. What do u think about the rmc3
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

rechemistry

As for compressors, I absolutely love my Ross clone made by CMATMODS
http://www.cmatmods.com/portal/Home/Effects/tabid/62/Default.aspx#Ross_Clone
warm, buttery, low noise and great price

YouEnjoyMyReba

Ive been pretty satisfied with my bi-comprossor.  I got it about 2 weeks ago when one of my buddies got to the top of the waiting list and didnt want it.  I read about the popping noise someone said they were getting on the ross side but mine doesnt seem to do that.  Then again my amp (deluxe reverb) never goes above 2.5, because my roomate is unfortunately not a musician. (if anyones ever in NC lemme know, i have no friends to jam with anymore as all my friends have moved away.)   But anyay, when i want to hit a solo in something raging like crossroads or weekapaug ill use the ross side and when playing more mello stuff like roggae or even cities ill use the OS side.  They both give me a nice warm tone and almost makes it more round sounding.  The ross side does seem to be a bit louder however.