Switching between 2 presets on your Digitech Whammy II

Started by Brian27, April 01, 2010, 08:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian27

Hi fellow phans and guitarist of many ages. I thought id go over something real quick here and it might have already been covered. When you want to switch between 2 presets what you need to do is pick one, step and hold the select button for 2 secs until that one blinks. When your first one blinks you pick another one and step on the select button and hold again. This should give you 2 presets to scroll through.  If this has been covered i am sorry. If not it needs to be

Walker done done

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Brian27

I absolutely love the Whammy II. Lord knows im not going to bend over to change presets when i can scroll through the 2 i like which is the 1oct down and the 2nd down which are the ones Trey is famous for using. At times ill do some harmonizing but mostly its my 2 presets. I have a xp100 i use for the high pitch stuff like Tom used in Rage and Audioslave.

HunSanity

thanks for rubbing it in dude (haha).. i have the red one and it does nothing of the sort.  BOOOOOO...

Walker done done

Quote from: HunSanity on April 09, 2010, 10:21:02 AM
thanks for rubbing it in dude (haha).. i have the red one and it does nothing of the sort.  BOOOOOO...

Hunsanity, when I was using my Whammy IV I bought on eBay this "whammy wheel" for like $7, but it's totally something you could make yourself.  It's just a circular piece of plastic with a hole cut in the middle (like a doughnut).  There's a thin piece of rubber on the inside of the hole so that it can attach to the dial on the Whammy IV without sliding around.  This allowed me to use my foot to control the dial, rahter than bending down to change the settings.  It's not a perfect solution, but it sure was a lot better than nothing.  Do a search for it, or head down to your local hardware store - you could probably make it yourself for a couple of bucks in less than a half hour.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

HunSanity

word.. yeah its tough to do with your foot when you have a sneaker on.. totally weak they didnt add the feature.. oh well i dont really use it that much so when i do its not that big of a deal to bend over.  keeps me limber..ha