Main Menu

Trey's Reverb

Started by Brian27, February 01, 2011, 04:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian27

As an avid Rig freak i was wondering if anyone knows what Trey used as Reverb back in 97? I know he had a Midiverb 4 in his rack but i dont know what kind of Reverb it was.

raisingfreen

My guess is when the Groove Tubes Poweramp was used along with the CAE Preamp I recall a silver rack unit reverb (from old photos). I am guessing it was a Peavey Valveverb (which had reverb and trem) Since you specifically mention 97' the old diagrams seem to show 3 Alesis 1/3 rack units and a mysterious 4th which I am betting was the Peavey Valveverb. No idea why he would have 4 verbs but if you look at the diagram on Bradshaw's site it does in fact show 4 units. Not once I have ever seen any evidence of a Midiverb of any sort. Origional Microverb I's maybe. The specific picture I saw just had the one rack reverb/trem. The only one I have ever seen made like that is the Peavey.

Note: I have been fasting from beer for the last several weeks so this information may actually be accurate.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

IamWILSON

I always figured it was the original Microverb, but now you have me wondering too.
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Brian27

He was using 3 Microverbs during 1996 i know because they are easy to see in the Video on the CAE website. Have you seen that vid yet?

cactuskeeb

He has only ever used the original microverb.  And in 97 he was using it sparingly; only in a few instances of Trey soloing do you hear it.  The other two units to the left and right of the microverb are nanoverb units that were never used: they were placed in the rack merely to fill it out.