So I'm getting a new guitar

Started by Walker done done, April 05, 2007, 10:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

And I am really psyched.  It's a Languedoc replica from Resurrection Gutiar Co. (www.resurrectionguitars.com)

That's pretty much it.  I'll post pics once I have it, ca. June-ish
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

strangedesign

Sweet! Please let us know whenyou get it. I have been looking at these. THey are about the same orice as a languedoc

http://www.abyssguitars.com/arch_top_hollows.htm
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

Yeah, I saw them, and talked to a guy on myspace who purchased one from Abyss.  He loves his, but I think the Resurrections look a little more authentic.  Who knows, really, unless you had them side by side to compare/contrast, but the Abyss ones look a little cheesy to me, no disrespect intended.  They are a little wider in the ass end of the body.

I've talked w/ a few guys who have purchases from Resurrection as well and they are extremely happy with their guitars.  It helps too that these guys were all \"accomplished\" players, so I felt a little more secure in my dealings with them.

Plus, at around $4k and with whatever custom stuff you want, you can't go wrong.

I'll def post pics/reviews once I get it!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

Finally got some pics of her being made!

Loop 3 Boomerang+

strangedesign

Nice! That's gonna be pretty sweet...

www.strangedesign.org

ColForbin

That looks great!!  I really want one, post pics when you get yours dude!
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

Walker done done

Loop 3 Boomerang+

ColForbin

How's the guitar coming along?
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

Walker done done

Coming along good, thanks for asking!  Rec'd a couple of more pics a few days ago. Neck is getting glued on next, and then into the spray booth. Man, I'll tell you what....I don't think I was even this nervous when I first asked out my fiance on a date! Sheesh!

Kind of bummed the 2nd one came out blurry. Oh well. I'll post more when I get them or when it arrives.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

strangedesign

How's the guitar coming along? It looks fucking awesome!

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

I'm gonna call Pat on Monday just to check in; I'm wicked excited about it, but have been trying not to bug him by calling him too much for updates, etc.....but it's hard.  Last I checked (about 3 weeks ago), it was already in the spray booth, and would be for that week, then a week or 2 to dry, then the electronics go in.  I'm guessing about another 2 weeks tops, hopefully less (we've got a gig on the 25th, hoping to have it for that)

I'm especially interested in learning about/playing with the FX loop bypass and Unity Gain Buffer I had him install, ala Jerry's set-up on Rosebud, Tiger, Lightning Bolt, etc.  That should be cool to play around with, but I know it's gonna take some time to hone in.  I ordered a Y-Junction Box and Brian Brown stereo cable from Glenn @ HT to eliminate the need for a Y cable, which I've been told are notoriously flimsy and hard to come by.  Basically, the guitar has 2 output jacks coming out of it: 1 to go straight to the amp, and the other goes to the Y-Box, which has 2 jacks coming out the back (tip & ring) that connect to the front & back of my FX chain.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

xero92

Oh man shake, this is gonna' be awesome. I love Languedocs, and the replicas, too. They just look so awesome, and I am sure they play like magic. Killer tone, too. Can't wait to see the pics when this baby is finished. Congrats!

Luke
Trying to stop these demons that keep dancing in my head!

Walker done done

Thanks man, me too.  Called Pat today and it still needs another day or 3 of drying, then it's onto buffering out the shine, then the electronics, and then shipping.  In total, I'm probably looking at 3 more weeks, but it's worth it.  It's just killing me because it's already been 9 months and it's agonizing....I just want to play it already!  Definitely will post pics when she arrives.

And Luke....welcome to the forum!  Glad to see you here and hope to see you contributing man!

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Walker done done

I received these pics yesterday, and I shit you not my heart skipped a beat.  She's a beaut.  It's killing me how long it's taking, but the wait is well worth it.  I'm hoping for next week, but in reality it could be 2.  Either way, at least it's close!

Loop 3 Boomerang+

strangedesign

www.strangedesign.org