Ultralight rig for Phish / Dead

Started by Poster, May 12, 2015, 08:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

Hi kids, just wanted to share some good news for all the small amps, bar gigs, band practice people out there. There is a new cheap ass product I stumbled onto that does neat things for enabling a portable rig that can do many of the tones that are commonly sought after. Its a amp/speaker emulator in pedal called an American Sound. Orange box. I have one 200 watt monitor 10" speaker, powered by a 200 watt mini power amp, using whatever reverb pedal I feel like. Sounds really fucking good. Better than a fender mustang 4 v2. Supposedly, its a knock off / improvement over the Tech 21 blonde, but when I a/b'd the two I was able to get much more out of the American Sound.

The thing cost me 30 bucks. Have a customized 69 twin, couple other custom amps, and its not as good as those, but being able to nail some deluxe / twin / tweed / champ tones for 30 bucks is pretty awesome. Logged in just to share. Ive been hauling it to practices when I'm in a hurry and it loves pedals. Really neat. The technology these days! Cheers! :-*

Heady Jam Fan

I have a Tech 21 Bonde as a backup and I like it. If I use it, I usually run it through my Badcat Unleash into a guitar speaker. The Unleash is a 100w power amp. If I didn't have the Unleash and needed a power amp for it, I'd consider an EHX Caliber into a guitar speaker.

I agree - decent backup option, but doesn't touch my BFDR or Mesa IMO. I've also tried some stuff like the AXEFX and similarly, it does not do the trick for me, but it is nice to have a compact and reliable option.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9