goddammit fuck ticketmaster!

Started by picture_of_nectar, March 27, 2009, 03:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picture_of_nectar

sorry just had to vent. normally I would on PT, but that site is booged down worse then ticketmaster.com

can't a guy get one freakin phish ticket to the gorge? seems like it was sold out within less then 3 minutes, wtf?
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

cactuskeeb

First of all, you have to understand that what you're entering into when you go to purchase a ticket is, fundamentally, a Lottery.  Second, you might want to consider having someone write you a Script that will be able, at the very least, to help you perform the largest number of attempts to enter the secure site (and hence, "win" said lottery) as possible; for instance, the script could give you more chances to break through, as it were, simply by recognizing an unresolved host when it actually presents as such, rather than a few seconds or perhaps even minutes latter, when the browser window reveals that the host has dumped your connection back at the front gates.  Finally, you should always be attempting to score a ticket request secured site access with as many different IP addresses as Friends, Family, neighbors were willing to let you borrow for a brief half-hour.  The only place that you really don't want to be, and will virtually ruin your chances of winning a ticket should you find yourself using this facility when the time comes, is a large commons-type area with dozens of computers running (off) a local shared server.  Schools, libraries, Coffee houses and/or every other hotspot (of lots of free bandwidth, of course.)

EDIT: I'm not suggesting you don't already know well the things I mention, here.  But I'm certain that were you indeed to know, someone else reading this thread would most definitely not; this post is for those people, should they not include you.  Thanks.

picture_of_nectar

well, thanks for the tips, but I still think it's dumb that it comes down to who can type the secret word the fastest or who has the best connection. My computer was thinking to long loading the page that shows the password, I hit refresh and by then the tickets were gone. I don't get it.

mcgrupperton

it sure is a pain. looks like ill be shopping around on ebay or somewhere else for SPAC now :(

picture_of_nectar

be carefull on ebay dude. I almost lost $950 bucks for a 3 day pass to Hampton that some lame ass scalper never sent. Had to scramble to get tickets three days before the show...

Luckily I called ebay and they refunded all the $ even though it was past the 45 day grace period.

If you buy ebay wait until it's less then 45 days before the show. Otherwise you can't leave feedback or file a cliam.

If you really can't find an extra through a friend for face, I'd go to stubhub.

mcgrupperton

good call on that, i was use the 45 day tactic. i just secured hartford through a friend, now its just spac. i will utilize patience, its easy to get the panties twisted into a knot during the initial rush and buy something absurd

ColForbin

Just thought I would post this in this thread:

Province of Ontario will attempt to stop ticketmaster

The province of Ontario up here in Canada has apparently had enough of ticketmaster's bullshit.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

Stiles12

Not sure if anyone knows this, or if they have gotten tickets just didnt see it posted up here...

The past two fridays livenation has released more phish tickets without prior notice. Last firday they released more camden tickets, the friday before it was hartford... so keep an eye out this friday for livenation to put some more phish tickets out. there isnt anyone ever on the site. last weekend I scored two nice pavilion seats for camden and and now have my lawn seats that I won in the lottery for friends. hopefully they will put up fenway

Fenphish is the employee code for fenway tickets I wonder if it still works, a bunch of my buddies got tickets using it.

good luck

Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer