Main Menu

P

Started by Poster, September 23, 2009, 09:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangedesign

i had never heard of jumping an amp. I did talked to my amp tech today. He told me that he can thicken up the sound by removing something on the board. He said that the drr basically has a bright switch, like the twin and super, that is hard wired to be always on. What ever he removes will be like turning the bright switch off, on the twin's and super's
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

man the brightness is the best part of the amp! just get the midrange mod with a push pull pot to toggle it on and off. dont let that guy take something out of the circuit!  :'( :'( :'(

jadirusso

yeah that's the cap on the input to the vibrato chan.. I had heard about that too but I'm thinking poster's got the right idea to get the mid boost pull pot that way you can have best of both worlds
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

strangedesign

Quote from: jadirusso on December 04, 2009, 04:35:38 PM
yeah that's the cap on the input to the vibrato chan.. I had heard about that too but I'm thinking poster's got the right idea to get the mid boost pull pot that way you can have best of both worlds
that's exactly what it was. he said he could put it back if i didn't like it. I think he's already done it. Supposedly this guy is one of the best amp techs in bhm. I went to 3 places to see if they could look at the amp, and all 3 recommended him.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org