Put your current rig in your signature

Started by Happyorange27, December 16, 2010, 04:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour d

Quote from: Happyorange27 on December 18, 2010, 11:10:26 PM
Does anyone know if Trey uses 12 volts on his screamers?
I don't think there is an info on this but noticed your using a whipple in your wah. Nice. I had one briefly and dug it. I recently tried to get that guy to give me a deal on buying 4 of those inductors to mod some wah pedals I have laying around but he shot me down saying that $25 was the deal price. They do sound good. Eventually I will buy 4. I can't find any better options. The fasels are hit or miss.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Happyorange27

Quote from: sour d on December 18, 2010, 11:25:32 PM
Quote from: Happyorange27 on December 18, 2010, 11:10:26 PM
Does anyone know if Trey uses 12 volts on his screamers?
I don't think there is an info on this but noticed your using a whipple in your wah. Nice. I had one briefly and dug it. I recently tried to get that guy to give me a deal on buying 4 of those inductors to mod some wah pedals I have laying around but he shot me down saying that $25 was the deal price. They do sound good. Eventually I will buy 4. I can't find any better options. The fasels are hit or miss.
SourD, I am very close to Dr. Steam Whipple; in fact he hired me to design his first dedicated pcb for the Whipple Wah. These are now available for purchase. I built my own wah from scratch after we ordered the first boards. These pcbs, his handwound inductors (500 mHenry), and the high quality components (including ICAR pot) make this wah amazing. I'm not much of an expert on many things around here, but I know that the Whipple is something special. If you need any help in this matter, you just ask because I have extreme leverage here.
I've not posted any videos yet of my Whipple Wah but I soon will. Sooo crisp, organic, full range, harmonic and tasty.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

sour d

Quote from: Happyorange27 on December 18, 2010, 11:42:49 PM
Sooo crisp, organic, full range, harmonic and tasty.
Ahhh, what were we talking about? Oh inductors. PM me if you can get me a deal on 4 or 6. They are sweet. The teese is over rated. Whipple=dank.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Poster

Orange, Id like to hear some more about why the whipple sounds so good. Seems like you know them inside and out

Happyorange27

Quote from: posternutbag on December 19, 2010, 01:37:29 PM
Orange, Id like to hear some more about why the whipple sounds so good. Seems like you know them inside and out
Poster, it would be my pleasure to enlighten you on the Whipple since you have enlightened me on so many things. I'm starting a new post/thread as not to pollute this one too much:). Keep your eye out on this new topic:
http://strangedesign.org/forums/index.php?topic=1494.0
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

fulltone1989

I have yet to get my rig fully updated, I'll have to see how the money tree blooms after the holidays. My Whammy II is in the shop right now so I have to see how much that digital bitch is going to run me, but here goes!

Gibson ES-339 Semi-Hollow 30/60 > Korg Pitchblack > Fulltone FD2 Mosfet > EHX Memory Man w/ Haz> EHX Nano Small Stone> Radial Passive ABY Box >A To Mesa/Boogie Nomad 45 for dirty tones> B Output to Boomerang + Phrase Sampler > MIUSA Fender HRD DEluxe for clean tones.

Insert Whammy II w/ true bypass mod once it gets back from the doctors, and, ideally, I'd like to get a 3-4 loop-switcher just so I can group all the modulation effects together and put the Boomerang by itself.

We should post some pictures? A holiday album would be pretty funny stuff!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Poster

How did you get a good sound out of that Mosdet Fulltone? I tried to use one for a minute, couldnt get it dialed in.

aoguitars

Quote from: sour d on December 17, 2010, 01:49:14 PM

Sure, make him an addict. You can't complain when your guitar arrives, you open the case, it's an orange squier with AO written in crayon on the headstock and fake f holes on the body drawn with a sharpie...

Don't forget to tip your luthier this holiday season. The proper amount is usually 1/10 of your annual salary.

Hilarious! AO in crayon is such a fantastic image.

And I really like the idea of tipping your luthier. I'll add my rig at some point, too. Good thinking, HappyOrange!
ao

Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com

fulltone1989

Quote from: posternutbag on December 20, 2010, 12:18:07 PM
How did you get a good sound out of that Mosdet Fulltone? I tried to use one for a minute, couldnt get it dialed in.

I'm a big fan of getting most of your gain from the amp and I just use the Mosfet for a fat boost when playing chords, or for an extra trebly boost when raging the Mesa; here's my settings. They're all clock values.

Volume- 11
Tone- 1
FM switch activated
Overdrive- 11
Boost- 1

I find that when I am using large amounts of amp gain the signal compresses quite nicely.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

Poster

I'm a big fan of getting most of your gain from the amp and I just use the Mosfet for a fat boost when playing chords, or for an extra trebly boost when raging the Mesa; here's my settings. They're all clock values.

Volume- 11
Tone- 1
FM switch activated
Overdrive- 11
Boost- 1

I find that when I am using large amounts of amp gain the signal compresses quite nicely.
[/quote]

Ya mon, my buddy was a studio tech for Stevie Ray, and apparently, he used to turn his Marshall's all the way up. And he wouldnt just have 2 or 4, hed bring 10-12 of these huge amps. Plug them all in, turn them all the way up, and go through to see which one he "didnt like". Tube saturation is the shit.

fulltone1989

Yeah, I have a Mesa Nomad 45 that's kind of a bitch to get a really open tone out of, but once you can it really pays off. The fulltone really helps to achieve that "openness," that's the main reason I use it.

Poster

I love the nomads, tons of tonal options, lots of buttons to play with. My buddy double d uses one at a weekly open mic night around the corner. Pristine clean tones aplenty. Never really pushed it much though (as far as gain goes). But tube saturation is why I use an old Deluxe Reverb. Man you can control what they do when, and how, once you get really comfortable with one. I cant say the same for a DRRI, but iam sure its close. at 22 watts you wouldnt think the tones kept coming past a point, but they do.

fulltone1989

Yeah, I am debating on selling the Nomad and a USA HRD to get a DRRI, the Mesa is cool and all I just don't really need all that stuff, or all that gain.