Random thoughts on 12.12.12 Concert

Started by Stecks, December 13, 2012, 08:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stecks

1.  After calling that garbage they played a "Nirvana Reunion," Paul McCartney owes us "All Apologies"  (rimshot!)  

2.  Live and Let Die is still one of my favorite songs.  Ever.  Still not sure about all those pyrotechnics on stage... looked cool, but also super dangerous.  Ask Michael Jackson or James Hetfield how they feel about fire on stage.  One of them, anyway.

3.  Kanye is awesome.  Not as awesome as he thinks he is, but still pretty good.

4.  Chris Martin... ugh.  Coldplay should name their next album, "Songs for When Music by Train or Muse Isn't Faggy Enough," or "If You Squint Hard Enough and Jab Your Eardrum with A Screwdriver, We Sort of Resemble Radiohead, Only Awful.  Also, You Hate Life and Like to Cut Yourself"  ... having thyroid cancer was generally a more positive experience than any of the times I've ever heard Coldplay.  Granted, both made me lose weight, shake uncontrollably, unable to sleep, irritable, constantly sweating, severely depressed, experience GI distress, short term memory loss, exhaustion, blurred vision and hair loss - the difference is after surgery and radiation, my cancer is currently gone, for now.  Coldplay still exists.  Judge all you want, I'm only speaking for myself and my experience.

5.  Which brings us to Bon Jovi.  I bet he has "Young Guns" on endless Blu-Ray loop at his house.  Bon FRICKIN Jovi.  The only way that Sandy storm could have done more damage was if it was named Hurricane Bon Jovi instead.  Bon Jovi has done more damage to the northeast than any hurricane could ever do.  He's already left a generation of people from Jersey and Staten Island dead inside, physically scarred and unable to cope or appreciate the good things in life.  I heard a rumor that River Phoenix had a tape of "Slippery When Wet" in his walkman for the 3 weeks leading up to his OD in front of the Viper Room.  Explains a lot.  He's in a better place now.  After hearing Bon Jovi, I need a freakin relief concert.  I feel like I've lost everything, short on hope.  Looking at you HeadyJamFan, HappyOrange, WalkerDoneDone...

6.  Bon Jovi and Springsteen sharing the stage!  Not sure who's fans I should make fun of first... circuits overloading... AAAAAH!!!!  

7.  Alicia Keys = hotness

8.  I went to the gym to lift and missed Clapton, The Who and Rolling Stones.  Bummer.  

9.  Roger Waters is a huge douche.  Hugging Eddie Vedder center stage during Dave Kilminster's solo during Comfortably Numb.  The prick can't stand anyone else having the spotlight when he's on stage, not even for 30 seconds.  Asshole.   The guy singing Money should've sounded more cheesy.  Oh wait, that's impossible.  80's rock guy trying to sound soulful.  

10.  Finally, to the idiots who kept saying "12.12.12 is a once-in a lifetime day," or how yesterday's date was "numerically unique."  CLEARLY you don't understand the concept of "numbers" or the meaning of the word "unique."  EVERY NUMBER IS UNIQUE - that's the nature of numbers - they are DISCRETE.  And EVERY SINGLE DAY is a once in a lifetime day (assuming your name isn't Marty McFly)!  And they say science and math education in this country has gone to shit..... (sigh)

(Also, it would have been an AWESOME bit of cosmic hilarious irony if Mike Meyers had come out during Kanye's set and said, "Barack Obama doesn't care about white people!")   ;D
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: Stecks on December 13, 2012, 08:08:54 AM
1.  After calling that garbage they played a "Nirvana Reunion," Paul McCartney owes us "All Apologies"  (rimshot!)  

2.  Live and Let Die is still one of my favorite songs.  Ever.  Still not sure about all those pyrotechnics on stage... looked cool, but also super dangerous.  Ask Michael Jackson or James Hetfield how they feel about fire on stage.  One of them, anyway.

3.  Kanye is awesome.  Not as awesome as he thinks he is, but still pretty good.

4.  Chris Martin... ugh.  Coldplay should name their next album, "Songs for When Music by Train or Muse Isn't Faggy Enough," or "If You Squint Hard Enough and Jab Your Eardrum with A Screwdriver, We Sort of Resemble Radiohead, Only Awful.  Also, You Hate Life and Like to Cut Yourself"  ... having thyroid cancer was generally a more positive experience than any of the times I've ever heard Coldplay.  Granted, both made me lose weight, shake uncontrollably, unable to sleep, irritable, constantly sweating, severely depressed, experience GI distress, short term memory loss, exhaustion, blurred vision and hair loss - the difference is after surgery and radiation, my cancer is currently gone, for now.  Coldplay still exists.  Judge all you want, I'm only speaking for myself and my experience.

5.  Which brings us to Bon Jovi.  I bet he has "Young Guns" on endless Blu-Ray loop at his house.  Bon FRICKIN Jovi.  The only way that Sandy storm could have done more damage was if it was named Hurricane Bon Jovi instead.  Bon Jovi has done more damage to the northeast than any hurricane could ever do.  He's already left a generation of people from Jersey and Staten Island dead inside, physically scarred and unable to cope or appreciate the good things in life.  I heard a rumor that River Phoenix had a tape of "Slippery When Wet" in his walkman for the 3 weeks leading up to his OD in front of the Viper Room.  Explains a lot.  He's in a better place now.  After hearing Bon Jovi, I need a freakin relief concert.  I feel like I've lost everything, short on hope.  Looking at you HeadyJamFan, HappyOrange, WalkerDoneDone...

6.  Bon Jovi and Springsteen sharing the stage!  Not sure who's fans I should make fun of first... circuits overloading... AAAAAH!!!!  

7.  Alicia Keys = hotness

8.  I went to the gym to lift and missed Clapton, The Who and Rolling Stones.  Bummer.  

9.  Roger Waters is a huge douche.  Hugging Eddie Vedder center stage during Dave Kilminster's solo during Comfortably Numb.  The prick can't stand anyone else having the spotlight when he's on stage, not even for 30 seconds.  Asshole.   The guy singing Money should've sounded more cheesy.  Oh wait, that's impossible.  80's rock guy trying to sound soulful.  

10.  Finally, to the idiots who kept saying "12.12.12 is a once-in a lifetime day," or how yesterday's date was "numerically unique."  CLEARLY you don't understand the concept of "numbers" or the meaning of the word "unique."  EVERY NUMBER IS UNIQUE - that's the nature of numbers - they are DISCRETE.  And EVERY SINGLE DAY is a once in a lifetime day (assuming your name isn't Marty McFly)!  And they say science and math education in this country has gone to shit..... (sigh)

https://soundcloud.com/jweingarden/marty-mcfly
From when I was in high school.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Stecks

3/13/13:  The Concert for Bon Jovi Relief

I'm not a conspiracy theorist whack job, but part of me wonders if Keith Moon and Kurt Cobain knew that one day, they'd have to share a bill with Chris Martin?
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

Walker done done

Here's my take:

The only thing I disagree with is Kanye.  He is terrible, and our generation is failing miserably.  So sad.

And Bon Jovi didn't sound great last night.  His voice is tired and he can't hit the notes ike he used to.  I realize that happens to almost everyone, but he (IMHO) wasn't great last night.  Not terrible, just not great.  Not a fan of him to begin with but I don't hate on the guy either.  Just not my bag.

The guy singing money must've gotten a boner when his idol Eddie Vedder came out on stage (and then he got to sing with him OMG OMG OMG!!!!)

Clapton rocked. 

The Who were good (not a big fan of them either).
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Stecks

I'm just having fun.  Must've drank a big ol' glass of Hater-ade this morning :)

Glad people who need some help and happiness right now were able to... that's the big thing.  I'm just a jerk :)

Happyorange27

Stecks, you are very funny and witty.  I really enjoy your honest rants.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex