CAE Wah

Started by Stiles12, April 27, 2009, 01:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiles12

Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

mcgrupperton

it sounds like there's alot of wah goodness though into that pedal. The boost is a nice touch. For that price, I would go for it. I foresee "sidekick" switches becoming popular and the pedals which dominate the next generation of guitar psychos to be reminiscent of..something with alot of sidekick switches mounted on the side! But in all seriouslness, that wah sounds pretty nice and it makes me want one as well. I've had the same VOX for a little over a decade now, I should probably upgrade sometime in the following decade just to be safe.

Poster

if you dont go with a garmopat wah your just being foolish. gary is sick these days. get one while you still can. bradshaw is a dickhole and his wahs are made over seas... i just sent off yet another GCB 95 to gary for a small studio rig...

Walker done done

Can't agree more with the Garmopat wahs.  You get everything & more than what you see in the CAE wahs, and not to mention they're made by someone who seems to actually give a shit as to who they're going to.  I'm not gonna bash Bob because I don't know the man & have never spoken w/ him (though did send an emailo or 2 that never got replied to....), but I do know that Gary knows what the fuck he's doing and will build you specs that'll suit your needs.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

ColForbin

Man alive, you guys are making me want to upgrade my wah and get a garmopat, lol.  I have a GCB95 wah modded to be true bypass, and I think I know the answer here before I ask it, but is the garmopat that much better?
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

Poster

its the best wah period.

/end thread

Stiles12

yes I understand everyone preaches garmopat so heavily and I will probably end up getting one soon.... I have been using a RMC in the studio and it can get some really awesome sounds, but with all this publicity for Garmopat i guess i have to at least give it a shot.

but can we at least say that there is a good chance that Bob Bradshaw mod'd treys GCB, considering that we all know its not a stock GCB 95 that he uses regardless of what we have been told.

/postpone end of thread
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

cactuskeeb

Quote from: Stiles12 on April 28, 2009, 01:33:52 PM

but can we at least say that there is a good chance that Bob Bradshaw mod'd treys GCB, considering that we all know its not a stock GCB 95 that he uses regardless of what we have been told.

/postpone end of thread

Teese swears that the wah Trey has is one of his original Teese RMC's, which utilized the shells of GCBs but, of course, had custom guts.  I've argued before that neither Trey nor his techs realize this fact because Trey bought the wah not directly from Teese, but from a prominent musical instrument store in NY.   

strangedesign

Quote from: cactuskeeb on April 29, 2009, 12:24:28 PM
Quote from: Stiles12 on April 28, 2009, 01:33:52 PM

/postpone end of thread

Teese swears that the wah Trey has is one of his original Teese RMC's, which utilized the shells of GCBs but, of course, had custom guts.  I've argued before that neither Trey nor his techs realize this fact because Trey bought the wah not directly from Teese, but from a prominent musical instrument store in NY.   

that makes sense. i could easily see that happening
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Stiles12

we have had this post before, but its not a GCB... we have all played one/own one and there is just no possible way to get those sounds.

when I heard it wasnt a RMC i thought that its a GCB with heavy mod's. and bob bradshaw was the first person that came to mind mind considering he was trey's guitar tech during a lot of the wah era.
SPL Transducer

strangedesign

Quote from: Stiles12 on April 30, 2009, 01:16:24 AM
we have had this post before, but its not a GCB... we have all played one/own one and there is just no possible way to get those sounds.

when I heard it wasnt a RMC i thought that its a GCB with heavy mod's. and bob bradshaw was the first person that came to mind mind considering he was trey's guitar tech during a lot of the wah era.
i agree it's not a standard GCB but Brian did say he acquired it while he was the tech. I believe he started at the beginning of '95. It's still very possible that he was working with bob during the transition and that bob recommended or provided the wha. Has anyone ever been able to contact Bradshaw to ask, or for that matter, has anyone contacted analogman to get more details? hearing both of their stories I bet we can get to the truth.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Stiles12

I will E-mail Bob... that dude writes me back all the time, or at least he did when I was trying to buy his 3+se... Mike doesnt e-mail me back though... probably because I dont buy any of his shit anymore.
SPL Transducer

Happyorange27

I just purchased a CAE wah for a good price. Excited to get it.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

picture_of_nectar

cool, let us know! I have been searching for a better Wah
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Happyorange27

Got the wah last night.  I like it.  Going between the two inductors is super easy with the right side switch and corresponding LEDs to indicate which one is on.  The yellow is a brighter, cleaner 70's Shaft "wah" or "weh" sound and the red is a deep "wow" or "whoa" sound.  Both are appropriate for different applications.  Pretty good sweep too and I have not tweaked the trimpots inside yet.

The boost is cool as well but I don't think i'll be using it much.  I don't like to have a super hot wah output; it's just a mess.

And the very cool other thing is the allen wrench that adjusts the unique pivot torque screw.  This lets you adjust the resistance of the pedal (treadle).  I like to set it so the pedal barely stays in any position when left alone.  This way there isn't to much resistance when rocking it.

Well i'll keep playing with it and probably tweak the pots at some point.  Also I might swap out an inductor with a Whipple just because that's what I do.  Curiosity makes for a hip cat.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex