Guitar Center Idiots vent

Started by Heady Jam Fan, February 11, 2013, 07:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heady Jam Fan

Yep, packin' it up.

Thanks guys!
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Happyorange27

Ship a Microturd with that Microverb.  :P
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

sour d

Quote from: Happyorange27 on February 14, 2013, 12:40:26 PM
Power supply is prob fine dude. In tolerance.
I'm probably wrong but I was thinking that because the unit requires a 830ma power supply and the power supply he was using only delivered 750ma that it could be the issue. I recently purchased a perfectly good working boomerang looper that was "broken" for $76. I was on the boomerang website to buy another power supply because I only have one and I was reading this.

Voltage rating of a power supply
Stated in V (volts), this is the critical number. Running a 9V device on an 18V power supply will make it run hot and cause damage. A 9V device won't run on a 6V power supply.

Amperage rating of a power supply
Stated in mA (milliamperes), this is the current rating and represents a maximum capability. Unlike the voltage, it is not a constant value. The power supply will deliver only what the device asks for. If a pedal wants 600mA and the supply can provide only 300mA, then it won't work though no damage will occur. On the other hand a pedal needing 400mA will work OK with a 750mA supply.

Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Heady Jam Fan

Hmm, I didn't know the current draw of the Microverb - its not in the manual or printed on the rack unit itself...

On that note, a lot of gear is listed at a higher current draw than it needs (sometimes many fold). Its definitely possible that the Microverb did actually need more than 750ma, but that is a lot of current. Not sure if this is accurate, but I've heard that not providing enough current can damage gear too.?.

Either way, the Microverb is on the way back to GC.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9