More phish rumors

Started by Stiles12, September 30, 2008, 05:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiles12

I just heard from a bunch of people that Phish is announcing tour dates tonight or tomorrow morning...
I heard that they will be march 6th 7th and 8th in the hamptons.... the guy who told me works and tours with p-groove... so who knows maybe these will actually be true...

anyone hear anything about this

Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Poster

ive been hearing steady rumors since trey got off the hook. i wouldnt count on much though, mike still has a tour to finish, but who knows. either way, tickets will probably be too expensive for most of us to go anyway. :(

Stiles12

No, I am 90% sure this is for real... 6th 7th 8th in hampton...
The hotels all already booked up. people have already booked the hotel that the band and crew are staying in...
I just talked to a friend of mine and he already has a hotel room for those nights

Check tonight or tomorrow on phish.com
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Poster

from phantasy tour rumors

[9.22.08] Phish to be among the acts to commemorate the closing of the Spectrum in Philadelphia

cactuskeeb

Mike's summer tour should end shortly, if it hasn't already.  It was recently announced that he'll do a brief, four date, winter tour, Dec. 27-30th.  I'd say that leaves him, and his other former band mates--after trey's tour ends at the end of next month--a solid four months to prepare, if stiles is right. 

Poster

Trey Anastasio has made headlines on what happens to be his 43rd birthday. A post on the fan blog MerrySwankster has led to a flurry of rumors that Phish will begin its comeback at Hampton, VA's Hampton Coliseum next March. The post on MerrySwankster is the latest of several unsubstantiated rumors that have surfaced since early September. Though Phish has made no formal announcement about any tour plans, the four musicians did reunite for a performance at road manager Brad Sands' wedding earlier this month.

In June, Page McConnell posted the following message on Phish.com:

Given the volume of speculation and rumors that have bubbled up recently, I have been asked to make a statement... Here goes.

For me, the last four years have been great. I've spent quality time with my family and have watched my daughter grow. I took great pleasure and pride in writing and recording an album. I'm living a healthy lifestyle. I travel as little as possible and I sleep in my own bed. It took a couple of years after the break up to begin talking to my old band mates, but once the conversations began to flow it wasn't long before the friendships were rekindled. And I can honestly say that I'm closer with all of them now then I've ever been in our 20-year relationship.

Recently the conversations have turned toward the possibility of spending some time together. Currently many of us have plans and projects already in the works, most notably Mike, who made a great album and is about to hit the road in support of it. Given that I might not even see some of the guys for the next six months, I would say that the announcement of a reunion is premature. However, later this year we hope to spend some time together and take a look at what possible futures we might enjoy. In fact the only real decision that has been made is that when we do get together, it will only be the four of us, hopefully with no distractions. I am really looking forward to that.

I want to say just a few more things. The prospect of Phish reuniting is something I consider very seriously, and I think about it a lot. And lastly, as always, there is plenty of misinformation floating around. Try not to focus too much on secondhand sources and random gossip. If there is anything real to announce, it will come from the four of us as a group.

Until then, Page

Poster

Phish - Back to the future?

To be taken with a mountain sized grain of salt:

According to a well connected Merry Swankster source, Phish will announce later today a three night run of reunion shows at Virginia's UFO shaped Hampton Coliseum next March. Hampton Coliseum was also the site of the 2002/2003 hiatus breaking tour that saw the band perform a triumphant MSG New Years show followed by a trio of Hampton dates.

Hampton was also the site of the November 1998 shows that would eventually be released in box set form commemorating a weekend of legendary, but typical hijinks from the free spirited band. Highlighted by a series of off-beat covers, the shows included Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll, Pt. 2", Ween's "Roses Are Free", Beasties' "Sabotage", Chumbawumba's "Tubthumping", and "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" by Will Smith.

Stiles12

I am telling you the guy who told me the dates of these things is a really good source...
I will be really interested to see if this holds up..
again the kid keeps stressing to me and sending e-mails that says check TONIGHT or TOMORROW

SPL Transducer

Poster

so are we all going to hampton if it happens? we should all book the same holliday inn and get retarded :D

Wolfe

I'm definetely going to the phirst show... especially if it's Hampton

A phriend emailed me this...

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/trey-takes-nashville-part-1/

When someone asked Trey about a reunion......

"I can't tell you the straight up answer, because it's what everyone wants to hear."
Set your gearshift to the high gear of your soul!

Poster

excellent post wolfe man! maybe ill buy you a drink at that first show ;0)

strangedesign

I heard this rumor earlier this week. I can tell you that I have heard some things through the grape vine and it doesn't include anything this year.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

strangedesign

March 6, 7, and 8th at the Hampton Coliseum has been confirmedm
http://www.phish.com/tourdates/
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

PS -

NICE CALL STILES!

+infinite for you my friend
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

cactuskeeb

Yeah, much appreciated, Stiles.
Phish returning hampton giggidy ;D