Main Menu

Power supplies

Started by rechemistry, October 24, 2008, 02:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rechemistry

I am now using an effectspowersupplies.com daisy chain for my effects that I love except for the fact that:
a) its daisy-chained so extending it is limited...i have to keep my pedals very close together
b) some sound interference
c) it only has 6 outputs

...what are some tried and true power-supplies you guys use that are fairly compact?

strangedesign

Quote from: posternutbag on October 24, 2008, 03:09:44 PM
scroll down to my review of the BBE supacharger is an honest one. Its got isolated outputs and an easily accessible fuse for gigs. I gig alot and have never had a single issue. Its mounted underneath my board to no issues running it for hours and hours upside down. Oh and its a hell of a lot less that the pedal power 2 which is nearly identical and is the standard for pro pedal power.
this and a new wha are my next purchases.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

rechemistry

sweet...thanks for the input guys

rechemistry

btw...does trey use a powersupply or does he use adapters for each individual pedal? just thought of this....
i cant really follow the cables here: http://www.mikepiera.com/phish/pedalboard.jpg

rechemistry

duh...powerstrip...bit my tongue on that one

ColForbin

Quote from: posternutbag on October 24, 2008, 03:09:44 PM
scroll down to my review of the BBE supacharger is an honest one. Its got isolated outputs and an easily accessible fuse for gigs. I gig alot and have never had a single issue. Its mounted underneath my board to no issues running it for hours and hours upside down. Oh and its a hell of a lot less that the pedal power 2 which is nearly identical and is the standard for pro pedal power.

Riddle me this, does anyone know if the Dunlop power brick has isolated outputs?
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

ColForbin

Quote from: posternutbag on October 28, 2008, 08:50:43 AM
nope dunlop brick sucks balls. used to have 2 of them they are loud

Once again sir, you have come to the rescue.  Time to get a new power supply.

Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

rechemistry

why would i need spare fuses for my amp?

rechemistry

I understand that, I just didn't realize that getting a different power supply would raise a need to get more fuses. I guess I read that wrong...my bad.