Phish to play bonaroo

Started by Stiles12, February 03, 2009, 10:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiles12

2 shows and a late night...
I think this is dumb personally...
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Poster

Oh Boy lets go camp at a festival full of meth'd out heavy metal kids and pop tools. I wouldnt even setup my tent until after the show, due to all the thieving that went on last year at ROO. I read some tripping teenager drove his car over several inhabited tents in the middle of the night last year too. Wonderful. Phish playes 3 shows, 3 hours from my house, and I probably wont be able to convince myself its work the 300+$ and hassle. WTF.  Good work.

strangedesign

is it 2 shows and an additional late night show or just 2 shows including a late night show?
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Stiles12

supposedly, its 2 shows and an additional, I dont know if they are going to play two, two set shows... or two 1 set performances and a late night.

effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

picture_of_nectar

Good for them, I hope they have a lot of fun!

Apparently they wanted to play a festival but didn't have enough time (or cash?) to organize their own, which probably takes a year at least. I frankly couldn't give a shit where they play out east. I don't understand why Phish has so many haters like posternutbag. So what if they need money, what...you don't? If you don't want to see them at Bonaroo then don't go....spare us the comentary. Festivials are allways going to be full of cracked out tweakers and fratboy douchebags...doesn't really matter if Phish throws it, or it's Bonaroo. I do think it's kinda silly that the late night set is planned and announced, seem like that should be a spur of the moment surprise...

I doesn't matter to me what Phishs reason for getting back together is, broke or whatever...as long as they play with their hearts in it, they practice more then post-hiatus, and they come out with new stuff and keep evolving. Oh, and Chris works the lights of course...

I admit I will be dissapointed if they come back and are the same band we saw 4 years ago.

Now...when are they going to announce that West coast run?

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Poster

Ive been to 3 Phish festivals and had a wonderful time at each. Coventry was fun even though the sets were sad. I had all access at the first Roo and it was great. BUT Roo isnt what it used to be, congrats for your blind support. TROLL. Wait for it, wait for it, and bam, opinion from a Troll. Spare you my commentary? Where else should we discuss this? If you dont like what I have to say than good for you! We can agree to disagree, but considering I havent really complained about this tour yet and they are doing 4 shows in my state, I figured I might aswell chime in. Like it or not, many fans agree with me.

FYI at Roo they always have a late night show in a special tent. Usually penned the super jam or late night show, they probably announced it to sell more tickets. They always say who is in the super jam. At a festi with so many bands they print up this huge guides for every show at the massive event

Poster

*Worth the double post, apparently, you can score day passes for the Roo this year. :0) I might be able to see our band after all.

picture_of_nectar

not trying to pick a fight posternutbag. I just have a hard time with the negativity. Lots of people saying Phish is back because they are broke and need $. Maybe that's true...but who knows. Regardless I can't see them starting again only because of that reason. There must be a little more to it, like they actually want to play together hopefully.

And your right I don't know much about Bonaroo so I'll just shut it.

Anyway, when is the last time Phish played a big multi-band festival? Horde tour in 92 or something?

Poster

Horde Tour 92'. But tickets for all four days are 224$ to GA to start which aint bad if your wanting to see all those other bands, but Iam not really interested. I look at it like scalper pricing to see 2 phish shows... Thus, I may just scour ebay for a pair to knoxville and make the longer drive. At least then I wont be forced into blasting through 500 just to eat, drink etc.

picture_of_nectar

Poster

^ Trey looks blasted on pills and cocaine IMHO lol I remember that show though it was pretty good

Walker done done

^^ Wow....how cracked out can you be?  My goodness, I had never seen that before & wish it had stayed that way.  That was not a "total joy" Trey.  Funny though, kinda.

As for Roo, whatever.  I'm not going.  Wish I was, the lineup looks pretty sick this year.  Probably the biggest reason I am not attending is what I've heard of the scene and how it's changed the last couple years.  A month ago I had a different opinion of Phish playing there, but after listening to a number of opinions on it, I've changed my tune a little.  I for one can't blame Phish for wanting to play a huge festival that they nor their crew have to do jack for.  I can imagine the effort it takes to put on an Oswego, Lemonwheel, or Coventry, and it's gotta be a monster of a project.  They'll probably relish in the fact that they get to show up, play, and hang out backstage w/ all the other musicians there, talking shop & networking.  If I were them, I'd be psyched.  Also a chance to engage more fans, which isn't a bad thing for bands to do. 

Either way, poster, you've gotta do what you've gotta do and get into at LEAST one show, which I know you will, Bonnaroo or not.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

gratephulphish123

I know previously I was against this strongly and I am for the same reasons but to a lesser degree. That lineup won me over, just about every non-phish act ive wanted to see is going to be there, and animal collective is going to handle late night!

I'm not going though, i don't have the necissary $ to get myself from Ny to tennessee and these tickets are gonna sell so fast i run the risk of being the only of my friends to get a ticket.

Jones Beach first night though, i'm the only of my friends to win a ticket so if anyones gonna be there lets meet up and celebrate  8)

Stiles12

I am graduating college this may and going out to most of the shows with three of my buddies.
We have 9 shows as of now. still looking for NC, would be willing to trade any night for them including first night Jones beach.. Let me know if any of you have anything
SPL Transducer