Garmopat Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby

Started by rechemistry, October 24, 2008, 02:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rechemistry

Looking for a wah with true-bypass and would love a teeze...is this a good option? Also, how are his TS9 mods in comparison to analogman's Silver mod? Thanks in advance....

rechemistry

also, can't afford a teeze and garmopat's is reasonably priced...

Walker done done

on the topic of Gary's wah's, I'm in complete agreement.  As for the TS9's, I don't know, all I can say is that I'd never sell mine from Analogman.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

strangedesign

i had mike mod a couple of my ts9's and I alwso would never get rid of them. It is kind of pricey, I think mine were aroud $75 a piece for the silver mod, but worth it.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

rechemistry

thanks for the input guys...looks like im going with mike's silver mod and the garmopat wah. looking forward to upgrading from the dunlop 535Q. it has the knob to adjust the sweep but it is so raspy and harsh sounding i cant stand it. plus, they are a bitch to mod. i am looking to sell it soon if anyone is interested. another thing im looking for is a boomerang + if anyone is looking to get rid of one.

cactuskeeb

Perhaps you'll consider joining me in waiting for the boomerang III.  I've come to the conclusion recently that the only reason why the boom III isn't available yet  has nothing to do with the innane excuses boomerang offers every time someone inquires about this infamously overdue item; the official word, as it were, being something to the effect that "the software" is more or less complete, baring a few remaining operations yet to grad beyond the developmental stage (yeah, I don't buy it either).  Rather, the various retailers selling boomerang II+'s have yet to sell out their remaining stock; and this is confirmed simply by completing a quick analysis of a  google search.

Edit: Based on the difference in number of boomerang +'s still being sold at major, online, music equipment retailers during the month of August, and their current (un)availability, I would venture to predict that the rang III will appear in December.

rechemistry

and the rang +'s are still expensive even used

cactuskeeb

Walker done done

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

YouEnjoyMyReba

Go to analogman, get the silver mods. Best money i ever spent. On anything.
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

rechemistry

just got the silver mod from analogman and absolutely love it.

strangedesign

Quote from: rechemistry on November 26, 2008, 06:23:40 PM
just got the silver mod from analogman and absolutely love it.
it's pricey but I think worth it. I love mine.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

lowspark

I have both a crybaby gcb-85 and a vox v847 and am thinking of sending one of them to garmopat for the basic mod.....Any suggestions as to which one of these sounds the best when modded?

Walker done done

Quote from: lowspark on January 27, 2009, 10:39:31 PM
I have both a crybaby gcb-85 and a vox v847 and am thinking of sending one of them to garmopat for the basic mod.....Any suggestions as to which one of these sounds the best when modded?

Vox vox vox vox vox vox vox vox vox vox vox vox vox vox vox vox vox vox

and...

the Vox

Loop 3 Boomerang+

lowspark

yea thats what i was thinking because i really love the way the stock vox sounds....he can only make it that much better ;D