Red Light is Screwing Us on Phish Tix!

Started by strangedesign, March 27, 2009, 03:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangedesign

Bring Back The Old Index Card Mail Order!!!

It's obvious that selling tickets on TM is not working. True Phish fans are not getting the tickets. It seems that half of all tickets are ending up on ticket broker websites. I think it would benefit the scene tremendously to go back to the old school mail order system. It was no problem at all to get tickets back in the day. It was a little more work to fill out index cards and take to the post office, but I think that discouraged scalpers from purchasing the tickets.

So tickets just went on sale today and after a quick search on ebay, stubhub and TicketMasters' company, TicketsNow, this is what I found. The first thing u will notice on these sites is that one scalper will have HUNDREDS of tickets to each show. R U Kidding me?

Ebay:
Red Rocks  $300 - $400 each
Gorge: $200-$250 each

Stub Hub:
red rocks  $300 - $20,000 each, (yes, that's twenty thousand dollars)
Gorge  $100 - $1,000

TicketsNow:
Red Rocks  $300 - $4,000
Gorge  $100 - $600

Something needs to be done. There are plenty of phans that WILL buy tickets and shows will still out, but Red Light HAS to do a better job of getting these tickets into the hands of the phans and not the scalpers. If any of you feel that going back to the old mail order system would increase the chances of true Phish Phans getting tickets, lets contact Red Light and voice our concerns.

Red Light Management
Coran Capshaw
Jason Colton and Patrick Jordan

phish@redlightmanagement.com
www.redlightmanagement.com

Thanks,
Scott
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

Agreed. I didnt get a single ticket today. How dumb is RLM not to catch onto the scalping scammers... Phish has enough money to do their own ticketing.

strangedesign

email them your concerns. if enough people email them, they will do something. I posted this on a few other boards and here was another idea. Come up with some ideas and keep emailing red light with your ideas and concerns. I don't mind if a show sells out in 1 minute as long as everyone that bought the tix are going in. Unfortunately that is not happening

1. Will Call Only. Require credit card holder to be present. If that person bought 6 tix, all 6 must be present. They could set it up to scan the cc at time of entry. If you didn't use all tix, you could sell them back to the agency and have the money put back on your cc. This would ensure everyone that purchased tix actually went into the show.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org