Main Menu

Noise reduction

Started by iceman91, December 25, 2009, 09:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman91

I have this problem whenever I play I have too much noise coming out of my amp, and I was wondering how can I reduce this white noise? My set up is:
guitar>Whammy>Wah>Hot Hand>Moog Freq Box>TS9>Multi-wave distortion>Analogman minicomp>Phase 90>Fulltone Supa-trem>Memoryman deluxe>Boomerang>Twin Reverb.
I understand that having so many pedals will cause more noise but is there a way to reduce it?

Poster

well first off all your pedals are in the wrong order

your amp probably needs new tubes and a re bais by a professional tech

all those digital pedals need to be in true bypass loopers

ill stop there. you need to read the older posts. there is an entire database of info re this problem.

iceman91

What would you recommend for the order of the pedals?

Poster

guitar>Whammy>Wah>Hot Hand>Moog Freq Box>TS9>Multi-wave distortion>Analogman minicomp>Phase 90>Fulltone Supa-trem>Memoryman deluxe>Boomerang>Twin Reverb."

guitar>wah>{true bypass looper}freq box, hot hand, return then out>TS9>Distortion>comp>{true bypass looper}whammy,return then out> phaser 90> {true bypass looper}memoryman>super trem>{true bypass loop with active buffer for Boomerang, return then out> amp with conditioned power supply and all pedals with isolated power

bbe makes a great iso power supply for about 120$

furman is the standard for power conditioners they range from 120$-600$

YouEnjoyMyReba

Poster are u saying put the wah before the ts9 or am i reading it wrong?
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

Poster

wah should always go BEFORE dist or overdrive

In fact, in a perfect world it should be first in the effects chain

YouEnjoyMyReba

ok cool. i got a garmopat vox847 last night and i tried it in just about every spot in the chain.  when i put it in front it definetly gave me the best tone but there was a significant amount of noise.  i guess it could be from the wiring in my parents old house so ill hvae to try it when i get home
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

iceman91

Thank you very much, that is very helpful. I need to go get some true bypass loopers now.