Main Menu

festival 8

Started by sour d, October 30, 2009, 11:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

i heard the cops were pretty anal getting in, found any cali kind yet walker??

keep us updated, take lots of pictures!

Poster

they are saying the costume is exile on mainstreet by rolling stones, WEAK

YouEnjoyMyReba

whats up with the acoustic set? i thought it was supposed to start at 3 pm
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

YouEnjoyMyReba

haha nevermind i forgot im in a different time zone
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

YouEnjoyMyReba

ok i got the scoop straight from mike's cousin's friend's wife's dog. Big Black Furry Creatures From Mars will be the entire first and third set with surf ninjas soundtrack as costume

Poster

# Bathtub Gin2 minutes ago from TinyTwitter
# Kill Devil Falls11 minutes ago from TinyTwitter
# Lawn Boy15 minutes ago from TinyTwitter
# The Divided Sky31 minutes ago from TinyTwitter
# 10/31/09 Festival 8, CA - SET ONE: Sample In A Jar36 minutes ago from TinyTwitter

Poster

# Possum7 minutes ago from TinyTwitter
# Runaway Jim15 minutes ago from TinyTwitter
# The Squirming Coil18 minutes ago from web
# Bathtub Gin36 minutes ago from TinyTwitter
# Kill Devil Fallsabout 1 hour ago from TinyTwitter

YouEnjoyMyReba

FLUFF BALLS UP YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YouEnjoyMyReba

whats up with the mike's with no weekapaug

sour d

Quote from: YouEnjoyMyReba on November 02, 2009, 06:02:03 PM
whats up with the mike's with no weekapaug

It happens. I've seen weekapaug's with no mike's.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Walker done done

I'm sure it's been hashed over everywhere, but what a great time we had.  Lush lush lush venue, wouldn't complain if they did it again there next year...though my first vote is for Limestone, for obvious reasons. 

Not a Stones fan per se, but thoroughly enjoyed Exile, they did a great job with it.  Best set IMO was the 3rd set from Halloween night.  Helps that I was 10th row center. 

Acoustic set was very nice, a little mellow, and no big break outs per se (I was really hoping for more bluegrassy stuff from '94), but it was a treat.  Funniest part is when Trey asked everyone "are you SURE you don't want to sit down?  We're going to be playing some mellow stuff here..." then a few songs later "ok, now I want you to sit down - we've never played to a sit-down audience before" and +90% of the audience sat down on the lawn.  Then everyone stood back up once they busted into The Curtain With.  McGrupp was masterful hearing it acoustic.  Triple encore for a first set also very nice.

Suzy encore on Halloween was gnar, as was the best Loving Cup I've ever heard.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

YouEnjoyMyReba

that acoustic curtain with is so magnificently beautiful.  the force was unleashed in a gentle yet powerful way on that one.  my favorite ever

picture_of_nectar

I was having such and excellent time during that Curtian, just lazily strolling throught the crowd headed towards the stage...the back was wide open and nice...lots of folks sitti back chillin. Great time.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone