Checkout all this stuff were playing

Started by Poster, October 07, 2009, 05:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

So weve been prepping for heavy gigging/tour with label support. They asked us to make a list of covers we would put inside our press info kit. Lol did that open a can of worms... So far this is what weve nailed to the floor and learned. Weve got originals all day so we should be able to play for looong periods of time.

*Fire on the Bayou - The Meters
    *Love Slip up on Ya - The Meters
    *Spirits in the Material World - The Police
    *9x9 - The Benevento Russo Duo
    *Atari - Marco Benevento Trio
    *Tube - Phish
    *Ghost - Phish
    *Sand - Phish
    *Two Versions of Me - Phish
    *Crosseyed and Painless - The Talking Heads
    *Camarillo Brillo - Frank Zappa
    *Chilly Water - Widespread Panic
    *Good People - Widespread Panic
    *Slippin' in the Darkness - Isley Brothers
    *Bear's Gone Fishin' - Widespread Panic
    *Steely Dan - Peg
    *Come on Come Over - Jaco Pastorius

sour d

I wouldn't mind hearing some of those covers. Can I check that out somewhere?
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Poster

Quote from: sour d on October 07, 2009, 09:46:51 PM
I wouldn't mind hearing some of those covers. Can I check that out somewhere?

which ones? and well be taping the above listed gig with a bunch of mics, we are the only band, so we should play a ton of shit.

or just jaco for 3 hours.

sour d

Whatever you guys are playing, I'd love to hear it. The meters Is always a good choice.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Poster

yeah we got a great band finally.

we auditioned many drummers.

eventually we ended up with a trio that seemed like they could be right, but ended up firing all of them.

somehow we linked up with a new keyboard guy on accident and apparently, hed been looking for this type of band for many years.

hes from san francisco, collects vintage keyboards, and teaches music.

he knew a great young drummer that hed been working on in a live electronica type of duo.

so all the puzzle pieces clicked, and now its just fun to get back into the groove.

learning many of those covers were just very simple exercises for my bass player and new drummer to click

then as I realized the keyboard music teacher could play anything, I was like here checkout marco benevento :0) play that

and it started snowballing, into police/jaco/zappa

all the funk stuff is super fun to play and can get pretty nasty when you workout some hand signals and start doing percussive improv.

how about this, ill record some rehearsal to wet your whistle for the show. not that the show is a big deal but its a great sounding room and i cant crank up to max in my house when we are practicing. deluxe will be turned all the way up on oct 29 :0)

Walker done done

Mmmm that's quite a tasty mix brother.  Do post some audio, would love to hear.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

will do. i need to post pics of the effects rig and amp too... ive got a ton of new stuff, and much of my older pedals have been modified with upgrades. Iam really big on these new silent switching true bypass switches. gold relays are pretty titts too. my tubescreamer got modded to silver like specs with a pair of 3 way toggles and it sounds amazing. the inversion loopers can really make you shit your pants too :0)

sour d

Quote from: posternutbag on October 08, 2009, 01:16:05 PM
will do. i need to post pics of the effects rig and amp too... ive got a ton of new stuff

Somebody is slackin'