Help your old pal Cactus out by buying his Black Cat Vibe 2000...

Started by cactuskeeb, December 29, 2009, 01:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactuskeeb

Yes-yes, I know, I don't have a functioning amplifier in my possession but I tested this pedal, extensively, through a headphone amp...OK, fellas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250555245173&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

The key to this one, as opposed to the rack-mount version, is the "current" adjustment pot on the exterior.  This used to be a trim pot mounted directly to the circuit board, inside (interior to) the chassis, and 'back in the day' Bob would adjust each unit, individually, before shipping to the buyer(s).  It's difficult to describe, perhaps, but I think Bob nailed it when he described his adjustment of the trim pot as "tuning" the pedal to work with the idiosyncrasies of it's photocell resistance level, which could vary drastically from one photocell to another, even though they have identical markings and are supposed to present the same resistance when "in-circuit."   

Poster

that thing sucks

i want it. give it to me.

cactuskeeb

What did you say before you edited at 3am?   :D  

Sure I'll give you the best uni-vibe ever made, no prob.  What's your address, I'll send it right away!

edit: Seriously, though, I'll sell it to you...
And, then, it can be yours to cherish until one day, many years from now, you perish and are placed under ten feet of soil where, albeit unaware this is happening, you'll lie motionless until the earth supernova's eons later, vaporizing your carbon matter and rocketing your molecules through the blackness of space and time.

Walker done done

^^^ Waahahahaaa....that is funny.   But he's giving it to me Rob.  Sorry dude!  But you are defintely king of the 3am edits, henceforth.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

All those knobs must do something neat. Probably not that much better than the fulltone ive already got though (insert cacti rebuttal here)