my rig: your suggestions on pedal order please

Started by yesyes, February 15, 2010, 02:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yesyes

Hello all I've just recently stumbled upon this site and i love the info i'm seeing and reading here. Hope to get some help from you guys on my own rig

don't judge- just help... please :)

i have (in no specific order) a '65 reissue reverb deluxe and a '72 tele deluxe. and me pedals are Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer, two ts9 tube screamers, original dunlop crybaby wah, Boss DD-7 Digital Delay, Boss Flanger, and a chorus that i rotate in or out, and an octave pedal.

Which order would you put these in??
And what settings would you recommend the tube screamers and compressor

and i know... the compressor blowssss

Poster

well in order to help you I've got to get an idea of what your tryin todo
if your not gigging I'd say stop using the pedals
they are just going to distract you from learning
there is alot of information in older threads regarding effects chain order etc,but again I'd argue your better off not using any at all. Welcome to the site

# edit those pedals are going to drain the life out of your guitar without some heavy modifications. I say sell them all off other than the delay and start over if your a gigging pro

Walker done done

Quote from: yesyes on February 15, 2010, 02:19:09 AM
Hello all I've just recently stumbled upon this site and i love the info i'm seeing and reading here. Hope to get some help from you guys on my own rig

don't judge- just help... please :)

i have (in no specific order) a '65 reissue reverb deluxe and a '72 tele deluxe. and me pedals are Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer, two ts9 tube screamers, original dunlop crybaby wah, Boss DD-7 Digital Delay, Boss Flanger, and a chorus that i rotate in or out, and an octave pedal.

Which order would you put these in??
And what settings would you recommend the tube screamers and compressor

and i know... the compressor blowssss

I would keep the Wah & TS9's.  The DD-7 is a decent pedal, but eventually you'll probably move on from it.  Yes, the Comp blows.  Scrap it and get a good one.  The flange could go either way with.  Depends on how much you like it.  I've seen some real good players have those in their chains (not sure if they're modded or not).  What chorus & what octave are you using?  Anyways...

Wah > TS9 > TS9 > Comp > Flanger > Chorus > DD7 > octave.  For now.  As many will recommend, you should put the Flanger > Chorus > DD7 in an effects loop, and same for the octave (seperate effects loop if possible, if not, put them all in one).

As for your settings on your TS9's, if you're going for the Trey thing, the one should be set for a little overdrive, the other for a lot.  The tone & volume are your preference, depending on how you're manipulating your sound.  

Welcome to the site.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

raisingfreen

I think Walker summed that up nice. You should be good to go.

None of your stuff sucks if it sounds good to you however. I think we all has Boss Compressors at one point. If I could only go back about 10K worth of random purchases and start over!! Oh well.

By the way that dd-7 can be used to loop as I recall, just hold onto it as it may come in handy for something.

I find myself wanting to agree with Poster however in that if you are not "actually gigging" (maybe you are) with a band than throw the pedals/effects in a closet (just for a while) and just play to the amp. (Maybe thats a whole other topic though)

Enjoy.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Brian27

Dont use a DD7 for looping. Go for a Boomerang or a Boss RC50 loop station. Treys reverse leads might actually be the only thing a DD7 would be of any use for. I personally love the Line 6 M13 for digital delays, reverse leads, and looping. I also use the M13 for Tremolo and Univibe and run my Ibanez DM2000 in the effects loop in case i choose to create those whammy loops and feel the urge to kick in some modulation insanity.