T

Started by Poster, January 23, 2010, 04:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

T
U

picture_of_nectar

nice man  ;D

...but this thread is worthless without pics!
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

cactuskeeb

Screw the posternutbag gig lore; I want pictures - a half dozen should do.

And if this does not happen very soon, I will tear your head off and wave it unscrupulously in front of the UPS Store girl. 

YouEnjoyMyReba

which chip do u prefer in the tubescreamer
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

cactuskeeb

I like that you're using two mics panned left and right, respectively.  Do you get sound guys asking you why you're doing this or are they at all puzzled by it?  I'm just curious...since it's a unique (but beneficial) approach.

Walker done done

Listening to the Crosseyed and Painless right now...very nice, sans the fact that you've only got about 10% of the lyrics right, but I suppose I'm nitpicking here (funny enough, we actually played it @ our gig on Saturday too.....must be in the air).  Love the wah usage on here though....sounds mint.  Guitar sounds great.  What are you using for effects on this song?  I like the sound of the OD.  The delay also comes through quite nicely on the mix.

Liking the Love Slip Jam also...just started.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

ColForbin

Nice poster, can't wait for the review and pics.  Regarding the pickups, are those the Wolfetone pups that Andrew likes to use, or did you select others?  Sorry if you've answered this somewhere else.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

cactuskeeb

Quote from: posternutbag on January 24, 2010, 10:19:21 PM
you can hear what it sounds like at www.thebmgs.com i uploaded the funk>xrosseyed from the third set in there I cycle through a ton of different switch positions on coco, but iam just doing chopping rhythm the whole time... we recorded for almost 4 hours so let me get some more tape cut up..

** update: i uploaded a second quick cut from our show friday its the jam from "love slip up" from the second set www.thebmgs.com

Yeah, I listened to the crosseyed yesterday (or was it the day before that, idk) and figured by the date listed that you were playing the new guitar.  It sounds great.  The band sounds a lot tighter as a unit than it had in previous live recordings.  I like the fact that you know, relatively speaking, very little theory and yet can still jam.  That's a gift.  Btw, the best way for someone like you to learn theory is to learn, note for note, all your favorite guitar solos (even from bands you might not listen to anymore).

HunSanity

nice,

sound like a nice lil band you and your boys got going.  sounds good dude.

HunSanity

it got a little moe.ish there towards the end when you were hitting the volume either with a pedal or rolling the knob.. in a good way i mean..

HunSanity

strangedesign

All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org