Main Menu

Who dat?

Started by Walker done done, February 08, 2010, 10:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Gotta say, watching "Satan" Manning throw that pick-6 and sealing the Saints victory was almost as good as if it were the Patriots themselves winning the Super Bowl.  Congrats to New Orleans, a good win for a well deserving city.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

cactuskeeb

I passed out at halftime.  Vodka, bud light lime, and the Who = time to go to bed. 

Walker done done

Bud Light Lime???   :o:-X

But speaking of the halftime show, I thought it was uninspiring at best.  Daltrey did an ok job at singing, but his age is defintely showing as he just doesn't have that power and screech anymore.  Granted, I'm not a fan of The Who really at all, so this review comes from those eyes.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

cactuskeeb

Yes, Bud Light Lime.  It's really not that bad; my ex turned me on to it.  It's definitely not like that Tequiza crap that came out years ago. 

I think that guttural sound coming from Daultrey is the worst imitation of what his voice used to sound like.  I also think his tone is impeded by his dentures.  This coming from someone who used to be a fan of The Who.

Poster

Yeah Roger is better suited doing random guest appearances on law and order svu. but pete is the man. he rocked the fuck out.

Walker done done

Quote from: posternutbag on February 08, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
Yeah Roger is better suited doing random guest appearances on law and order svu. but pete is the man. he rocked the fuck out.

He was slightly better than average.  Then again, I always thought he (and The Who) were slightly better than average, so I guess he was right on point by that way of thinking.  Meh, just not for me.  I like some of their stuff, but what's funny is even in the Rock 'n Roll HOF they rank them among the greats, and I beg to differ.  To me they're not in the same class as The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, et al.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

cactuskeeb

Pete Townsend!  I couldn't remember who that was, everyone at work was asking me.  Yeah, they're definitely not in the same hemisphere as zeppelin.  Have you guys heard the new Beatles box set?  It sounds like shit.

sour d

Whenever I think of Townsend, I think of this video. Check out Weir trying to teach Townsend how to play Wharf Rat on stage. And what the fuck is pete doing at around 3:45 into the video. I laugh everytime I see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20dic8S3cWI
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Walker done done

Quote from: sour d on February 08, 2010, 09:06:50 PM
Whenever I think of Townsend, I think of this video. Check out Weir trying to teach Townsend how to play Wharf Rat on stage. And what the fuck is pete doing at around 3:45 into the video. I laugh everytime I see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20dic8S3cWI

Holy crap man, that's priceless!!!  Pure gold right there.  Thanks for sharing, I had yet to see this video, but now every time I feel down or I'm feeling like a little bit of a dork, I can just watch this and realize "hey, at least I'm not Pete Townshend lighting up a smoke and then doing some weird hokey pokey dance on stage with the Dead in the middle of Wharf Rat". 

I wonder what Bobby walked over and said to him during the middle of the bridge? 

Bobby: "Hey Pete, smoke away man, we don't really need you on this song...err...I mean this part right now anyways.  But do something interesting so the crowd thinks you're up here for a legit reason." 

(Pete thinking to himself:) "no problem chap, I've been working on this sweet swinging arm motion, check it out, it's rich!"

Guaranteed to brighten any day.   What a weirdo!

I'm particularly fond of right around the 4:10 mark when he starts doing said hokey pokey.  Looks like a puppet getting his strings pulled.  Good stuff. :D

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Poster

hes was probably blasted drunk or on some blow, and wharf rat is sooooooooooooooo slow