When are the boys scheduled to have a bad one?

Started by sour d, June 28, 2010, 08:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour d

Maybe it's me, but is every show this tour kicking ass or what? I'll take 15 more years of this thank you. New songs, new covers, old favorites, tweezers, tweezers, tweezers. All this without one single chrome whammy or a flaser, but I did notice some white on white from berkeley........
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

patrickstefanski

Quote from: sour d on June 28, 2010, 08:03:47 AM
Maybe it's me, but is every show this tour kicking ass or what? I'll take 15 more years of this thank you. New songs, new covers, old favorites, tweezers, tweezers, tweezers. All this without one single chrome whammy or a flaser, but I did notice some white on white from berkeley........

the hershey show sucked balls.
worst phish show i ever saw.

saratoga 1st night was pretty awesome though.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

jadirusso

I went to both Hartfords and Great Woods and had fun but man they really have blown it out the last few shows.. leaves me a bit disappointed that I couldn't make more of those shows and that I have to wait til the August Jones Beach shows to see em again.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

Walker done done

@ Patrick = I listened to the Hershey show & thought it was wonderful (especially that Jibboo opener...LOVED the jamming right out of the gate)....sorry you didn't have a good time.

@jadi = I agree with you....saw Hartford1, SPAC2 and GW and most definitely neither compared to the Camden's & MPP's = those were off the hook with song selection & jamming.  SPAC2 melted my face, however....that 2nd set was defintely one of my favs, but for reasons not totally related to music  ;)

Some of the highlights from my run were:

Hartford = Sand

SPAC = Carini > Mango, Makisupa

Great Woods = Camel Walk, Sneakin Sally > Light

Camden = Timber Ho!, The Rover, Crosseyed, Alumni Blues > Jimmy Page > AB, BBFCFM, the Chalkdust outro jam, the Michael Jackson-ladend 2001 (pure mad insanity)

MPP = Rock & Roll outro jam, Sparkle/Tweezer, the 2nd set Wolfman's (nice treat!), and pretty much the entire 1st set of the 2nd night @ MPP.  A few days before I had written a "wish list" and they played 5 songs off it all in the 1st set! Walfredo, Mellow Mood, Tela, My Soul, Ginseng Sullivan, & I Saw It Again were all on the list.  Obviously, the Jumping Jack Flash was great also.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

jadirusso

Yeah I was psyched for the Camel Walk and the Sneakin Sally> Light> 46 Days was definitely the best part of Great Woods.
Hartford definitely the DWD>Sand was highlight for me too. But oh how I wish I had been there for the craziness of that 2nd set MPP II. That was just complete unbridled Phish.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185

Walker done done

Quote from: jadirusso on June 29, 2010, 02:07:47 PM
But oh how I wish I had been there for the craziness of that 2nd set MPP II. That was just complete unbridled Phish.

No doubt.  It was quite epic and extremely fun to watch.

But let me ask you this: was what is now forever known as "Forced > Silent" at Great Woods (coming out of the blissfull 30 minute DWD > Sand) as bad for you as it was for me?  Bloomin' awful.  Guess I gotta take the good with the bad though.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

jadirusso

Yeah the Forced>Silent definitely was awkward especially after such a great sequence of jams, but I think because I was on the lawn it wasn't as painful for me.. As you say sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad.
Joe

patrickstefanski

Quote from: Walker done done on June 29, 2010, 01:46:54 PM
@ Patrick = I listened to the Hershey show & thought it was wonderful (especially that Jibboo opener...LOVED the jamming right out of the gate)....sorry you didn't have a good time.

Don't get me wrong, the show wasn't without it's highlights.  I really enjoyed Fluff, Jibboo, Drowned and the solo Tweezer.
The energy was soft.  Everything got taken down to a really mellow level, imo.  And that's fine by itself, as long as what you do with it is good, but I didn't feel like Trey played all that amazingly.  
The reason why I say "it was the worst phish show I ever saw" is simply because it was the worst show I ever saw.  Compared to the Madison Square Garden run last year, or Saratoga this year (or 2nd night MMP which I am listening to now) it definitely sucked balls.  

Just my opinion though.  Looking forward to Jones Beach.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

Walker done done

Quote from: patrickstefanski on June 30, 2010, 08:31:00 AM
Quote from: Walker done done on June 29, 2010, 01:46:54 PM

Don't get me wrong, the show wasn't without it's highlights.  I really enjoyed Fluff, Jibboo, Drowned and the solo Tweezer.
The energy was soft.  Everything got taken down to a really mellow level, imo.  And that's fine by itself, as long as what you do with it is good, but I didn't feel like Trey played all that amazingly.  
The reason why I say "it was the worst phish show I ever saw" is simply because it was the worst show I ever saw.  Compared to the Madison Square Garden run last year, or Saratoga this year (or 2nd night MMP which I am listening to now) it definitely sucked balls.  

Just my opinion though.  Looking forward to Jones Beach.

I hear ya.  I sorta felt the same way about Hartford's 1st night = soft, mellow, sorta blah overall. 

Loop 3 Boomerang+

ShockedAndPersuaded

They are fa sho rippin it this season.  Sure theres some ups and downs but I feel they're gettin back to the old Phish that many of us fell for to begin with.  I don't mean that in their playing but more so in the sets and song selection.  Trey definitely isn't the machine gun he used to be but then again he isn't as young as he used to be either.  I'm just glad to see that they are still trying to reinvent themselves and push on to the next level, whatever that may be.  I know that alot of folks are giving Trey some flack about the whole "whale call" thing but I would rather see someone try to do something different than to keep using the same approach over and over.  While it does get to be a little mundane, he is still a guitar player and will always be "in search of" something.  I can't wait for the 4th!!!!  The way it's been goin lately it's gonna be insane!!!

@ Walker: Can't wait to see some of those up close pics of his rig!
Guitars: 4 custom built, '79 LP standard, '69 ES 355, '83 LP Jr, '02 PRS HB II, '99 Strat>Bypass looper: Whammy II>Clyde Deluxe Wah>Maxon OD9Pro+>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl>Deja Vibe>Neo Ventilator>Fuchs TDS 100
Effects Loop: DD-7(short)>DD-7(long)