Trey's effects rack 1994 (ALO cd booklet content)

Started by Mound1, October 31, 2010, 12:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mound1

I was flipping through A Live One's cd booklet and came across a picture of Trey's effects rack.  I read somewhere (maybe on here) that around 1994 he switched to floor pedals, but I was wondering if someone could identify what he had in the rack.  The bottom shelf is easy to ID (Ross and the 2 Tube Screamers).  However, the top shelf contains two effect boxes that I haven't seen on here or mentioned anywhere else.  Does anyone know what these are?

Ps - the picture is on the same page as the backstage collage

Thanks

raisingfreen

Phaser/Phase Shifter (possibly and EH brand) and an old DOD Blue Delay (I cant see pic at the moment however I recall it). This actually was discussed on here a few years ago although briefly when someone was trying to figure out what the blue effect pedal was (delay). Those are the only two actual effects "pedals" I can recall.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

cactuskeeb

Quote from: raisingfreen on October 31, 2010, 03:46:57 PM
Phaser/Phase Shifter (possibly and EH brand) and an old DOD Blue Delay (I cant see pic at the moment however I recall it). This actually was discussed on here a few years ago although briefly when someone was trying to figure out what the blue effect pedal was (delay). Those are the only two actual effects "pedals" I can recall.

Trey explains, somewhere, that the switching system he began using in 94 afforded him the possibility to clean out his closet of random effects pedals and throw them in the mix.  He specifically mentions the electro harmonix brand.

sour d

Quote from: cactuskeeb on November 04, 2010, 02:36:13 AM
He specifically mentions the electro harmonix brand.
It was an eh microsynth he mentioned.

I just looked at the picture and it looks like a small clone chorus.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

sour d

Quote from: cactuskeeb on November 04, 2010, 02:36:13 AM

Trey explains, somewhere, that the switching system he began using in 94 afforded him the possibility to clean out his closet of random effects pedals and throw them in the mix. 
Found the quote:

I got this Bradshaw system that is just amazing. My signal goes straight to my amp 80 percent of the night. It's hardwired through. For years all I used was two Tube Screamers. I didn't use any effects because I didn't want my signal going through my effects all night. I had all these effects lying around from when I first started playing guitar - an Electro-Harmonix Micro Synth, some really crappy effects. Now that I have this switching system I can take them all on the road. I also have an Ibanez DM-2000, one of the first digital delays they ever made. It's got this bug in it. If you have the flange going and you hit the infinite hold button, it totally freaks out. It makes all these awful sounds. That's all I use it for.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

YouEnjoyMyReba

Quote from: sour d on November 04, 2010, 01:25:35 PM
I also have an Ibanez DM-2000, one of the first digital delays they ever made. It's got this bug in it. If you have the flange going and you hit the infinite hold button, it totally freaks out. It makes all these awful sounds. That's all I use it for.

This is one of my favorite Trey quotes.  Also, when he was asked to describe their music in the interview below and he says, "to me, its a mixture of loud and soft."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFUFRtBUWjk&feature=related
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue