I don't know about you guys but...........

Started by ShockedAndPersuaded, October 26, 2010, 09:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShockedAndPersuaded

I'm diggin the shit out of the DR being back in Red's arsenal.  What an amazing last few days.  I wonder if they heard Walkers rant about "letting go and just playing"!  ;)
Guitars: 4 custom built, '79 LP standard, '69 ES 355, '83 LP Jr, '02 PRS HB II, '99 Strat>Bypass looper: Whammy II>Clyde Deluxe Wah>Maxon OD9Pro+>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl>Deja Vibe>Neo Ventilator>Fuchs TDS 100
Effects Loop: DD-7(short)>DD-7(long)

Walker done done

Quote from: ShockedAndPersuaded on October 26, 2010, 09:44:12 PM
I wonder if they heard Walkers rant about "letting go and just playing"!  ;)

I'll tell you what, after that show last night....I doubt it was me or something I said, but whatever - I am hugely grateful and psyched to see they still can pull off what they pulled off.  Listening back to Manchvegas today confirmed what I remembered - they fucking torched that place last night.  What. A. Show.  All day I've been daydreaming of being back there last night....soooo many good times, it was like a constant non-stop one-up the entire time.  Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, bam!  They spin your head on a top and shove boobies in your face and hand you a blank check made out to funville.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

cactuskeeb

Quote from: ShockedAndPersuaded on October 26, 2010, 09:44:12 PM
I'm diggin the shit out of the DR being back in Red's arsenal.  What an amazing last few days.  I wonder if they heard Walkers rant about "letting go and just playing"!  ;)

I'm digging the shit out if the DR being back as well.  Right now listening to Fluffhead at Providence...  Thank God he's using that amp again.

ShockedAndPersuaded

Quote from: Walker done done on October 27, 2010, 04:39:36 PM
 Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, bam!  They spin your head on a top and shove boobies in your face and hand you a blank check made out to funville.

Bwaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa................aha!

Speaking of DR's Keeb, how's your tweaked out tiny tone terror sounding?  Prying minds want to know! :D
Guitars: 4 custom built, '79 LP standard, '69 ES 355, '83 LP Jr, '02 PRS HB II, '99 Strat>Bypass looper: Whammy II>Clyde Deluxe Wah>Maxon OD9Pro+>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl>Deja Vibe>Neo Ventilator>Fuchs TDS 100
Effects Loop: DD-7(short)>DD-7(long)

cactuskeeb

OK I'll record something today but keep in mind I'm not entirely satisfied with it.  I keep changing things, daily.  But I guess, if anything, prying minds would benefit from knowing what a .02 sounds like in place of the .001 in the phase inverter, etc.

patrickstefanski

do you guys have fuckin robot ears or something?

i wish i had a delicate enough ear to hear amp changes.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

jadirusso

Yeah man I can totally hear the difference and I dig the fact that he's now using both. I was at Providence thinking hmm sounds like he's got the DR back in the mix.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head