Main Menu

First DIY Board

Started by fulltone1989, January 12, 2011, 12:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

Just finished it today! Wires underneath the shelf, and I'm planning on picking up a power supply that can handle both my AC and DC needs, and then I should be all set then. Open spot is for an RMC3 Wah that's in the mail.

Any of you folks build any cabs/boards/any other musicial stuff?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Walker done done

What's the black box on the right?  And not sure if I've already asked, but how do you like that Full Drive?  How does it compare/contrast to a TS9 or 808?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

sour d

Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

fulltone1989

Quote from: sour d on January 12, 2011, 10:29:04 PM
Quote from: Walker done done on January 12, 2011, 06:29:51 PM
What's the black box on the right? 

$5 says it's a tuna

Correct! Its a Korg Pitchblack, a TB tuner with a REALLY BIG LED so I can see it. The Full-drive 2 in decent, works for my needs. I have never really tried Ts-9's, but the FD is very, very bright. The tone knob is always around 9 and I keep the OD knob around 11 and crank the boost to mimic trey's Ts-9 setup. Really good for funky jams ala YEM, or If I am using my amp's OD I can step on the FD2 for some brightness and added gain. Less tweak ability than the twofer Ts-9's but it was pretty easy to get a good tone out of it. Now if I can only figure that damned Stereo Memory Man!!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.