Main Menu

Nova Repeater

Started by manicstarseed, September 15, 2011, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manicstarseed

Hi.
Currrently I have a Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay.  I think I am perceiving substantial "Tone-suck". Does anyone have any similar experiences with this unit? Also I am considering a Nova Repeater and the Nova Delay. I know that I am going to miss the presets with the repeater, but is the tone that much better with the Nova's?

Thanks for your input.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

manicstarseed

I just broke down and got the Nova Repeater. It blows the Giga delay away in the way of transparency. Very powerful and clear. It sounds so good, I think I am going to trade in my Giga- Delay and my  Chorus Ensemble (CE-20)  for a Nova Delay, I like pre-sets.

Now back to playing with the thing.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Synthesizer->GR-55

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

ColForbin

Nice purchase, imo you really can't go wrong with the nova repeater, flashback, etc.  TC Electronics is putting out some nice stuff these days....probably always has, I just didn't know it.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

manicstarseed

Agreed!
Its a great sounding delay. I now want the Nova Delay also. I am gonna trade in my DD-20 and CE-20 and get one.

Synthesizer->GR-55