Mid-Boost EQ in place for 2nd channel of Deluxe

Started by Heady Jam Fan, January 24, 2012, 06:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heady Jam Fan

So, I have seen almost everything else posted here that I can think of - except - using an EQ as a mid-boost to emulate the 2nd channel of his Fender amp.

Wondering if anyone else is doing this? I tried it with a PQ4 not long ago and it works great, now I also have a Fromel Shape. It really puts the final touch on the lead tone IMO. Deciding which pedal I will keep, probably the Fromel.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fulltone1989

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on January 24, 2012, 06:34:53 PM
So, I have seen almost everything else posted here that I can think of - except - using an EQ as a mid-boost to emulate the 2nd channel of his Fender amp.

Wondering if anyone else is doing this? I tried it with a PQ4 not long ago and it works great, now I also have a Fromel Shape. It really puts the final touch on the lead tone IMO. Deciding which pedal I will keep, probably the Fromel.

Can't say i've tried that, but it seems pretty interesting! I am using an FDII on vintage for my mid boost for leadzz
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Brian27

I was taking a look at the Boss Feedbacker /Booster pedal. It has a knob that adjust the boost frequency so you can boost the treble, mids, or just keep it flat. I think im going to get that and just use that in my lead channel

Heady Jam Fan

Nice! I thought about it for a while and held off since EQ pedals seem pricey since I like my base tone.

I have 2 TS9 Silvers>Ross Comp Clone>Mid-Boost and after using an EQ, the other 3 pedals don't get me the whole way there.

That Boss pedal sounds interesting, someone mentioned it in another thread I was reading a few days ago - I didn't realize it had the ability to do a mid boost - it sounds like a Trey influenced pedal, lol! I had considered adding the EHX freeze as a cheap boomerang to 'hold' that sustained feedback tone like he does.
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Brian27

I recommend getting a DM2000. You would get those Vintage Delay loops along with a great Delay unit. Sometimes ill set a delay loop on my Line 6 M13 and use the DM2000 as a delay unit and of course sometimes i need to get my own personal Jedi Trey action on  with a Whammy patch and create a Delay loop on my DM2000 and then add some Tremolo and Univibe and Modulate the shit out of it. Just get a DM2000. I dont know of any other unit that has a dedicated Hold and Mod jack for a footswitch. If that doesnt work a Korg DL800R would probably come close

Heady Jam Fan

Yea, I have the Flashback with an okay loop... I find that I rarely use a loop though - I know that is the idea I would be using a Freeze for, but I don't actually plan on getting that. I have owned a few pedals that do interesting stuff, but I always end up selling it and sticking with the stuff that adds directly to tone.