Zzzzzzzzz

Started by Happyorange27, July 09, 2012, 01:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picture_of_nectar

Quote from: fulltone1989 on July 11, 2012, 02:04:58 PM

Nice! Really liking the tones, do you run OD-9 -> Timmy or vice versa? I've tried both and I am currently digging the Timmy -> OD-9

Timmy->OD9, Althouh sometimes I swap a OCD for the OD9 depending if I want a bit more rocking lead tone...
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

fulltone1989

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on July 11, 2012, 06:29:31 PM
Quote from: fulltone1989 on July 11, 2012, 02:04:58 PM

Nice! Really liking the tones, do you run OD-9 -> Timmy or vice versa? I've tried both and I am currently digging the Timmy -> OD-9

Timmy->OD9, Althouh sometimes I swap a OCD for the OD9 depending if I want a bit more rocking lead tone...

Very sweet, II swap the OD-9 for a Zendrive clone if I want a jazzier lead tone I guess, but the OD-9 has quickly become a permenant resident on my board.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

the_great_lemon

Didn't feel the need to start a new thread over this.....but has anyone noticed how well Phish has been playing this year?  My first show was at the tail end of 2010 and comparing that show (and those from the same era) to some of the shows from this tour (both first and second leg stuff) it sounds like a different band and i mean that in the best way possible!  Like from night one in AC, second set had *major* flow and perfect song choice, and don't even get me started with this latest run at Dick's so far.....  Just a waay more confident band in every bit of the performance...tooo bad there isn't a fall tour scheduled...
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

fulltone1989

Quote from: the_great_lemon on September 02, 2012, 03:56:48 PM
Didn't feel the need to start a new thread over this.....but has anyone noticed how well Phish has been playing this year?  My first show was at the tail end of 2010 and comparing that show (and those from the same era) to some of the shows from this tour (both first and second leg stuff) it sounds like a different band and i mean that in the best way possible!  Like from night one in AC, second set had *major* flow and perfect song choice, and don't even get me started with this latest run at Dick's so far.....  Just a waay more confident band in every bit of the performance...tooo bad there isn't a fall tour scheduled...

The biggest thing that I've noticed is that Trey is paying a ton of attention to melody and groove lately when building jams - definitely a tighter group than in years past, or at least the years that I've been privilege to see yet - 3.0 noobler. All IMHO of course. There's a TAB tour this fall instead of more Phish. Leg 2 sounds real good overall, haven't been able to listen to Dick's yet but the FYF setlist idea was hilarious.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

phishlips

I'm really excited to see Trey this October in Stroudsburg.  Tiny little theater.
G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.