What to do??

Started by TheSeeker, May 07, 2013, 06:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSeeker

So I have an opportunity to either get an original Boomerang, or Whammy ii for a good price but I can only afford one of them.  I'm not sure which one to choose, but I'm leaning more towards the Boomerang.  The guy wants 180 for the rang, and 190 for the whammy.  I kinda want the rang more since it would be more beneficial to me right now, as I have nobody to jam with in this godforsaken town I'm in.  Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!
PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)

Wolfe

Go with the name that gives you more delite!

It is a tech II though so, don't be a noob.

>3
Set your gearshift to the high gear of your soul!

TheSeeker

My bad.....I'm not privvy to the lingo yet
PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)

Deadicated Phan

Wazzap fellow newb? If I was you, I would probably go with the Boomerang. I haven't regretted buying mine, its really fun (especially the direction control  ;D ). Although, I think it will be a lot harder to find  the whammy for that price in the future than a boomerang for that price.
RMC 3>Whammy 4>AM ts-9 Brown>Maxon OD808>GCX--Mutron 3+>Boss Octave>DOD 250+>Phase 100>DM2000>Microverb 1>Boomerang+

Guitar: PRS Hollowbody II, Fender American Strat w/ Custom Shop Fat 50s
Amp: 1965 Fender Deluxe Amp, 1972 Blackfaced Twin Reverb
Cabs: Deluxe w/ Celestial Gold, Twin w/ stock speakers, Marshall 4x12 w/ Emi. Red, White, and Blues, Hard Truckers JG-1 w/ JBL K120 (looking for another speaker to go with it)

sour d

I would grab the whammy 2. There are much better loopers on the market for a lot less money. Check out the tc electronics "ditto" if you just need something to jam with.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

picture_of_nectar

I'd save up for the Rang III
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

TheSeeker

Thank you all for your input.  I'll let you know what I end up with!!  Whatever it is, I'm sure i'll be stoked!!

fulltone1989

Quote from: sour d on May 07, 2013, 09:26:54 PM
I would grab the whammy 2. There are much better loopers on the market for a lot less money. Check out the tc electronics "ditto" if you just need something to jam with.

I think there's 5 minutes of looping time on it. I use a Jamman Stereo it's really useful for saving stuff/song ideas.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

webephishin

Quote from: sour d on May 07, 2013, 09:26:54 PM

I agree with this statement. 
Guitars: Schecter c/sh-1 (SD 59 PUPs), Michael Kelly Valor CT, Fender Montara Acoustic/Electric

Effects: Boss tuner > Digitech Whammy II > Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby > EH micro Qtron > MXR Script Phase 90 > Dunlop Univibe > SD SFX-07 (Shape Shifter) Tremolo > TS9 AM Silver > TS9DX > Ross Compressor (Black) > Boss DD-7 w/FS-5U

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410

TheSeeker

Yeah, I think i'm gonna try the "ditto".  I've never heard of it until now, but it looks like it'll do everything I need it to...plus it's tiny and won't take up much space.  Thanks guys for all your input!!

the_great_lemon

Just picked up the Ditto looper about a week ago. Super intuitive to use, great audio quality, and takes up minimal space on the ever growing board.  All in all, a serious winner!
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

TheSeeker

Awesome, I just ordered one from Zzounds....can't wait to try it out!!  Also Lemon, did you buy it new?  If you did they have that rebate where if you buy a ditto, they'll send you a free TC Flanger, and you pick out 1 of 3 distortion pedals of theirs.  You just have to print the rebate form and send it in.  That's a pretty sweet deal!!!!

the_great_lemon

Quote from: TheSeeker on May 10, 2013, 01:12:22 AM
Awesome, I just ordered one from Zzounds....can't wait to try it out!!  Also Lemon, did you buy it new?  If you did they have that rebate where if you buy a ditto, they'll send you a free TC Flanger, and you pick out 1 of 3 distortion pedals of theirs.  You just have to print the rebate form and send it in.  That's a pretty sweet deal!!!!

Oh no!!! I did not know about that deal....bummer!!  :'(  But, yes I did buy it new at my local Sam Ash with a gift card I had laying around
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

TheSeeker